Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  43
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Guy, Just Deleted I Now Have a Couple Of Codes

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

New Guy, Just Deleted I Now Have a Couple Of Codes

Hey Folks,

I have a 2017 limited, started having def issues, cheaper to delete it so away I went.

Buddy told me about bullydog setup so I purchased the unit and unlock cable.

Unplugged the 4 connections under the hood for the egr unplugged all the sensors for the exhaust and tied them out of the way, put in replacement pipes.

Ran fine all evening after we were done yesterday, got up this morning to a U02A2 code and U02A3 code.

Description: The Particulate Matter (PM) Sensor is used to determine the efficiency of the Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) by measuring the amount of particulate matter (soot) remaining in the exhaust gas after the DPF

RAM DTC U02A2

Cause: DEF QUALITY SENSOR CONNECTOR CORROSION OR FOREIGN MATERIAL. FUSED BATTERY SUPPLY CIRCUIT OPEN/HIGH RESISTANCE. DEF QUALITY SENSOR GROUND CIRCUIT OPEN/HIGH RESISTANCE.

Shouldn't all of this be turned off with the tune?

My DEF level went zero and I am not getting any other codes or lack of power, was I suppose to leave anything connected under the truck?

I looped the pressure sensor hoses together and kept that modual plugged in but is there anything else?

2. Thanks AnOldBiker, watersupply189 thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Bullydog does not make delete tuning.

So that's your biggest problem.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

In the US that is true.

Canada though we can buy the delete tuner from bullydog.

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by johnsmack View Post
    In the US that is true.

Canada though we can buy the delete tuner from bullydog.
    OK.

Then yes if its delete tuning it should of shut all that off.

Hopefully someone here can help you more, but I dont see much on newer bullydog info.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

6. Top Of Page | #5
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

@johnsmack

I think we need one of our northern friends that own a Bully Dog to help.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

7. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, Thomas1960 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I don’t know either, but strange the codes were thrown a day later.

When you unplugged those sensors did you install Shibby plugs or at least pack the remaining connectors with dialectic grease and seal them off from the elements with electrical tape?

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

9. Likes watersupply189, Thomas1960 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I just did a quick little bit of searching, and didnt come up with any bullydog specific information, but ran across some other box tuners that had similar 2017 calibration issues. So I'd think bullydog would have fixed these issues with software update. Make sure your software is up to date, and for use with your year, model and so on. Same with firmware.

11. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, Thomas1960 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by johnsmack View Post
    Hey Folks,

I have a 2017 limited, started having def issues, cheaper to delete it so away I went.

Buddy told me about bullydog setup so I purchased the unit and unlock cable.

Unplugged the 4 connections under the hood for the egr unplugged all the sensors for the exhaust and tied them out of the way, put in replacement pipes.

Ran fine all evening after we were done yesterday, got up this morning to a U02A2 code and U02A3 code.

Description: The Particulate Matter (PM) Sensor is used to determine the efficiency of the Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) by measuring the amount of particulate matter (soot) remaining in the exhaust gas after the DPF

RAM DTC U02A2
    Cause: DEF QUALITY SENSOR CONNECTOR CORROSION OR FOREIGN MATERIAL. FUSED BATTERY SUPPLY CIRCUIT OPEN/HIGH RESISTANCE. DEF QUALITY SENSOR GROUND CIRCUIT OPEN/HIGH RESISTANCE.

Dhouldn't all of this be turned off with the tune?

My DEF level went zero and I am not getting any other codes or lack of power, was I suppose to leave anything connected under the truck?

I looped the pressure sensor hoses together and kept that modual plugged in but is there anything else?
    Welcome

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

13. Likes Thomas1960 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Just reinstall everything and don’t worry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Likes watersupply189, Thomas1960 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SwingBeefRacing View Post
    Just reinstall everything and don’t worry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's what I was thinking about doing but I wasnt sure if to put the stock tune back in, if I would have to dummy hook up the def can again

17. Likes watersupply189, Thomas1960 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast