Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  19

Thread: WCFab 6.7 Cummins S400 High Mount 2nd Gen Install

1. Top Of Page | #1

WCFab 6.7 Cummins S400 High Mount 2nd Gen Install

I have a 2015 2500 I bought with 124k 68RFE that has a 4in turbo back exhaust and EGR intact tuning with a MM3 tuner. I had no history on this truck.

I started to get the turbo actuator position unknown code. It was off and on for a couple months, then it stayed permanently on and the exhaust brake quit working. I looked at 3 options.

Cheetah style turbo – cost around 2700-3000, I wouldn’t “have to” change tuning or manifold.

BD iron horn kit – around 1750 for a s366, still need and egr delete kit to block off manifold and egr, also will need tuning.
    WC FAB 2nd gen swap- around 3000 for S463 and steed speed manifold, will need tuning and an EGR block off only.

I decided not to get a cheetah turbo because the actuator is still a failing point. I did not choose the iron horn kit because I wanted to have options down the road to run a larger turbo and it would be easier with the WCFab setup.

Here’s how I saved some money,

Order the turbo kit with-out the manifold. Use promo code ENTHUZS from Dirtymax Jack’s YouTube channel for free shipping.

Order the manifold from Garofalo, and you’ll get free shipping and free exhaust manifold studs (needed).
    https://garofaloent.net/site/product...-turbo-flange/

Get your block off plate from Mayhem metal works for 15$ plus shipping
    https://mayhemmetalworks.net/product...509e105d&_ss=r

Because I already had a MM3 tunner, Ray from DRD hooked up that department.

I sold my old turbo to Diesel Punk Core for around 375$, they paid shipping and I shipped it in the box my new turbo came in. https://dieselpunkcore.com

Tools:
    Now, I’m in the Army and far away from my tools. I bought a craftsman tool set for like 125$ on sale and some extra metric wrenches. I ended up needing a 25mm wrench and a cutoff tool to get the coolant adaptor off the head. Also, a 15mm deep socket to torque the manifold studs. I had a torque wrench already.

Install - Early Dec 2019
    First, I downloaded the tuning and made sure it worked correctly. I had the egr and cooler off in about an hour. The airbox, intercooler pipe, and loosened all the manifold bolts the next hour before going to bed. The next morning a buddy came to help me lift the manifold with the turbo attached out of the truck. I drained the coolant before that. I finished most of the install that day. I finished all the loose ends the following day. I worked mostly by myself.

Troubles:
    I had to grind down the smaller side of the 25mm wrench to get the coolant pipe piece that gets blocked off in the head. It was really stuck on there.

The adapter that you have to cut your lower coolant tank hose leaked and I ended up buying a new hose and really tightening the clamps multiple times.

The other adaptor that goes into the engine by the oil filter almost touches the oil filter. You can barely put a piece of paper between them.

The intercooler piping doesn’t fit will. I’ve adjusted it many times and had the boot pop off the intercooler twice since install. I did buy a hump intercooler boot to connect the two pipes together. I have not installed yet.

My thoughts:
    I love the kit and the tunes. Nothing else was upgraded at that time. I drove home for Christmas 1800 miles one way and back with only the boot popping off once. I highly recommend this kit and tunes.

Since then I have added head studs ARP 425, BD intake manifold, and EGT gauge. I just did the EGT today, so I don’t have any data yet. I will be towing this and next week, around 7k.

Attached Images Attached Images
    2015 2500 68RFE
    WC Fab S463 2nd Gen Kit
    MM3 Tunes
    4in exhaust
    BD Intake Horn
    Leveled on 35's

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: WCFab 6.7 Cummins S400 High Mount 2nd Gen Install

That looks like a nice setup.

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

3. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

That’s a very nice setup and writeup!

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Murph thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4
    Permanent Vacation Chrisn162001's Avatar

User Info Menu

I have the same setup, my intercooler pipes fit perfectly. Can you clock the compressor cover any more?

It was a pain to line them up but they all fit square not offset like yours.

I also went with the fleece coolant bypass and the fleece coolant tank setup due to that fitting rubbing the oil filter and the t fitting leaking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

WCFab 6.7 Cummins S400 High Mount 2nd Gen Install

Just saw you used different manifold.

I got the steed speed manifold that comes with the kit they also supply a spacer that fits between the manifold and the turbo makes it sit higher.

It is likely why your pipes don’t fit as well.

9. Top Of Page | #6

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisn162001 View Post
    I have the same setup, my intercooler pipes fit perfectly. Can you clock the compressor cover any more?

It was a pain to line them up but they all fit square not offset like yours.

I also went with the fleece coolant bypass and the fleece coolant tank setup due to that fitting rubbing the oil filter and the t fitting leaking.

Can you send a picture, please?

2015 2500 68RFE
    WC Fab S463 2nd Gen Kit
    MM3 Tunes
    4in exhaust
    BD Intake Horn
    Leveled on 35's

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

I got the steed speed manifold that comes with the kit they also supply a spacer that fits between the manifold and the turbo makes it sit higher.

I just double checked the part numbers and it’s the same manifold from WCFAB.

I also used the spacer, as it came with the WC fab kit.

2015 2500 68RFE
    WC Fab S463 2nd Gen Kit
    MM3 Tunes
    4in exhaust
    BD Intake Horn
    Leveled on 35's

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by M4McKeen View Post
    I just double checked the part numbers and it’s the same manifold from WCFAB.

I also used the spacer, as it came with the WC fab kit.
    Odd. It looks to me like mine sits higher than yours.

This picture was when I was running the s463 and the steed speed in the kit.

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...8c056b36ce.jpg

The black powder coating looks good.

Little too much red and blue rolling around out there IMO.

2017 2500 Laramie: DRD Juiced, 5" TBE, Invisible EGR mod, BD Iron Horn 364sxe/1.0AR, 20x10 Hostile Sprockets, 33x12.50 General Grabber A/T, HID Conversion, Reverse Level 2" Drop CSS Rear Coils

16. Likes Chrisn162001, watersupply189 liked this post