Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  57
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Changed Fuel Filters and Now Truck Won't Stay Running?

1. Top Of Page | #61

User Info Menu

Re: Changed Fuel Filters and Now Truck Won't Stay Running?

Wix has a good filter that I wouldn't hesitate to run.

The reason I said fleetguard or Mopar earlier is I was unaware these are in the market.

When I had my 2015 it was fleetguard, Mopar, and then straight to the half price china junk.

I just looked up the wix prices at my local store and they're not a cheap filter there either.

I'm sure online there's better deals, but for the price difference I'm seeing through them, I'd probably still stick with fleetguard.

But I even run fleetguard on my Dmax LOL. (AirDog)

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

2. Likes SyN liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #62

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jgruberman View Post
    I'll be honest, I haven't put the new front filter in yet... sort of afraid to.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    Don't be! Use a 28mm socket and you'll be perfectly fine. Just hand tighten it at first then use common sense for when you need to stop tightening it.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Likes SyN liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #63

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsdieselfreak View Post
    Don't be! Use a 28mm socket and you'll be perfectly fine. Just hand tighten it at first then use common sense for when you need to stop tightening it.
    ALWAYS 28mm 6 point.

6. Top Of Page | #64

User Info Menu

I'm curious - since I don't have one in hand.

With that Mopar filter - I assume that aqua (greenish) color media that's showing at the lower bottom portion of the filter only - Is that apart of the 3 micron filtering media?

Doesn't look like it covers very much area within the inside of the filter itself - Am I seeing that wrong?

2017 Bighorn (Delmonico Red & Chrome) CC-HD2500-4WD-6.7L-3:42w/Anti-Spin
    Oil: -SHELL- Rotella T6 5W-40 & T5 15W-40 combo w/LF16035
    68RFE/BW44-46/Power Steering: -Red Line- C+ ATF
    Frontend & Rearend: -Red Line- SAE GL-5 75W-90NS
    Many Small Mods: Interior & Exterior
    Mileage: 28,541

7. Top Of Page | #65

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SyN View Post
    I'm curious - since I don't have one in hand.

With that Mopar filter - I assume that aqua (greenish) color media that's showing at the lower bottom portion of the filter only - Is that apart of the 3 micron filtering media?

Doesn't look like it covers very much area within the inside of the filter itself - Am I seeing that wrong?
    Yes, I believe the green media is the 3 micron filter. I think it’s just the angle of the photo that makes it look like it only goes down part way.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

8. Likes SyN liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #66

User Info Menu

Here's a better pic.

10. Thanks SyN thanked for this post
    Likes SyN liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #67

User Info Menu

Thank you - but does the nano-net media just cover from the bottom to the top of the black center support?
    Or
    Does it cover the (inside of the outside white media) from top to bottom of the filter?

It doesnt look like the nano-net media covers the entire inside of the filter from top to bottom..

Outside white media is supposed 5 micron and the greenish nano-net is supposed 3 micron?

Filtering happens from the outside - through the white 5 micron media - then through the nano-net greenish 3 micron media - then down through the center hole- Correct?

If my old eyes are looking at that filter correctly - If that greenish nano-net media is not all the way up to the top of the inside of that filter - not much fuel is going to be filtered through that nano-net media.

Edit: My mind and eyes are telling me there should be the Greenish (Nano-net) media - all the way to the top of the filter - (On the inside of the white 5 micron pleated filter).

Only reason it looks strange to me - is due to we have a similar R/O filters here at work that filter our in-coming water down to 2 microns before entering into our Demin Trains.
    These filters (Membranes) have 4 layers instead of 2 - but each layer of the filter media is the full length of each filter - not just 1/4 way.
    This way every drop of water has to travel through all 4 layers of media not just the bottom 1/4 of each filter...

12. Top Of Page | #68

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SyN View Post
    Thank you - but does the nano-net media just cover from the bottom to the top of the black center support?
    Or
    Does it cover the (inside of the outside white media) from top to bottom of the filter?

It doesnt look like the nano-net media covers the entire inside from top to bottom..

Outside white media is supposed 5 micron and the greenish nano-net is supposed 3 micron?

Filtering happens from the outside - through the white 5 micron media - then through the nano-net greenish 3 micron media - then down through the center hole- Correct?

If my old eyes are looking at that filter correctly - If that greenish nano-net media is not all the way up to the top of the inside of that filter - not much fuel is going to be filtered through that nano-net media.
    Without cutting it open(which I'm totally fine to do when it is done in a year or so), I assume the green media goes to the top of the black insert.

Let me see if I can get a better picture.

13. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #69

User Info Menu

Based on the picture on the box and feeling the filter I am going to GUESS that the white filter on the exterior is the "exterior filter", the white filter shown inside the black hole is the "interior filter" which goes to the top of the black insert (and is flush with the hole), and the green piece is blocking the bottom of the "exterior filter" so fuel MUST go through both layers of filter.

15. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #70

User Info Menu

Interesting - Thank You for taking the time to post those pics and box photo!

Now my mind is really wondering what that tiny piece of greenish media is for - since it does not cover the entire inside of the filter.

The 3 micron nano-net must be the outside layer (White Media) and the inside white layer must be the water separator (Holding / Absorbing) media?

I apologize - I just have a fascination with how things work - especially with different designs of filters - we have many types at work - filtering air /oil / glycol / natural gas / hydraulic fluid & millions of gallons of water.

Thanks again.

I will always be curious if this filter is rated at 99% absolute @ 3 microns - That would be impressive!I will bet that is only privileged information that will not just be handed out.

EDIT:
    Ok after doing some chatting & listening - I think I'm going this route & just running a cheaper 4 micron filter up front - Let the 2 back filters do all the work.

This makes more sense than anything I've seen so far and I can get the Cat filter for $17 & I have access to the Wix WF10112 for $30 - which I was instructed that Racor makes these for Wix as well.

I honestly feel this is a the ideal option for myself - Maybe not others!

I'm just not a huge fan of paying $50 for a little filter made of plastic and a little bit of filter media.

Ya Ya I know - SyN get out of my thread!

I apologize!

Once I get rambling it's just stupid!

Edit Last Time: Going to to order this kit & use either the Cat filter or Donaldson P551313.
    Cat - seems to be a True 4 micron filter.
    Donaldson - seems to be a true 3 micron filter & at a lower cost.

17. Likes AK Bob liked this post
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast