Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  57

Thread: Changed Fuel Filters and Now Truck Won't Stay Running?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Re: Changed Fuel Filters and Now Truck Won't Stay Running?

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    Sounds like an O ring or something is not seated right.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...691968799c.jpg

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    I'm curious how this could happen, I've changed these several times. Put small bit of oil both on the rear filter ring and the front cap ring. Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jgruberman View Post
    I'm curious how this could happen, I've changed these several times. Put small bit of oil both on the rear filter ring and the front cap ring. Any ideas?

It's been awhile since I've owned a 6.7 and that's why I posted a generic pic also. I know the big o ring is for the cap but I cant remember the small ones place. I'm assuming it's for the front filter as well, so are sure the old one came out and it's not doubled up, set right and so on is what I was getting it. If you done it several times I'm guessing you surely know how, so it'd just be by dumb luck if one of them isnt right. Maybe you got a bad filter too. I really dont know.....just things I'd be looking at if it was mine. I'd think it would be leaking if that cap o ring was mess up though also.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

It's been awhile since I've owned a 6.7 and that's why I posted a generic pic also. I know the big o ring is for the cap but I cant remember the small ones place. I'm assuming it's for the front filter as well, so are sure the old one came out and it's not doubled up, set right and so on is what I was getting it. If you done it several times I'm guessing you surely know how, so it'd just be by dumb luck if one of them isnt right. Maybe you got a bad filter too. I really dont know.....just things I'd be looking at if it was mine. I'd think it would be leaking if that cap o ring was mess up though also.

The small one is for the bleed valve on the rear filter. The big one is actually for the front filters cap. Is there any way from the outside(after reseating the o rings) if there is an air leak?

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jgruberman View Post
    The small one is for the bleed valve on the rear filter. The big one is actually for the front filters cap. Is there any way from the outside(after reseating the o rings) if there is an air leak?

I dont know. I hated that cartridge filter. It kinda had to be seated right as well if remember. It would leak fuel if the cap o ring tore I'd think. Just curious wheres your fuel level?

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I dont know. I hated that cartridge filter. It kinda had to be seated right as well if remember. It would leak fuel if the cap o ring tore I'd think. Just curious wheres your fuel level?

Fuel is at full, even with all the fuel I've been bleeding LOL. I just filled the tank up yesterday.

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

You shouldn't damage the o ring. Check it later to make sure it isn't leaking though.

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 16 Cummins View Post
    You shouldn't damage the o ring. Check it later to make sure it isn't leaking though.
    I agree with you. The only way I've ever known to damage an O ring is overtightening and I definitely don't think either cap was.

8. Likes 16 Cummins liked this post