Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  57
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Changed Fuel Filters and Now Truck Won't Stay Running?

1. Top Of Page | #31

User Info Menu

Re: Changed Fuel Filters and Now Truck Won't Stay Running?

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    Yes, try to keep it clean and use a coffee filter in your funnel when putting it back into your tank.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    That's exactly what I did the first time actually was impressed with what it got out

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

2. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #32

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jgruberman View Post
    That's exactly what I did the first time actually was impressed with what it got out

Did you get this figured out?

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg

4. Top Of Page | #33

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    Did you get this figured out?

Greg
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310
    About to go outside now and check it out, will let you know

5. Top Of Page | #34

User Info Menu

A couple interesting things(I may have figured out the issue)...

1) I removed the front cap, inspected it(no cracks or damage), reseated the filter, and torqued down to 22 ft/lb. The cap says 30.5 n/m, which is roughly 22 ft/lb. I also applied a very thin film of T6 on the lip of the cap to help reduce friction against the O-ring sitting on the housing.

2) I went to the back of the truck and went to drain the rear filter and noticed the "drain valve" had a bead of fuel sitting in it(as if it was slowly leaking). This tells me small leak, as it is irregular behavior. So I drained the filter through a tube, closed the drain valve and cracked the filter housing unscrewing it and more fuel came out of the drain valve! I turned it all the way back closed, so not sure what's going on.

I'm guessing this is likely the issue based on symptoms? But.... how do I "properly close" it? I've never had this issue before so it's a bit confusing...

6. Top Of Page | #35

User Info Menu

This might be a dumb question but considering the circumstances, can someone confirm for me which position is "closed"? Or is it somewhere in the middle at a "sweet spot"?

7. Top Of Page | #36

User Info Menu

I confirmed the correct position. Replaced the filter. Primed the system, started the truck and it ran for a second and then turned off. Can't get it to Stay Running now... ideas? Maybe there's air further up the line that I need to somehow purge?

8. Top Of Page | #37

User Info Menu

No matter how much I prime the system(Push to run without foot on pedal), this is what happens

9. Top Of Page | #38

User Info Menu

Additionally, this is a video from the rear passenger side pointing towards the top of the gas tank while the truck is being cycled. I think I hear the pump? I can also feel slight vibration in the fuel tank when it makes that whirring sound.

10. Top Of Page | #39

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jgruberman View Post
    Additionally, this is a video from the rear passenger side pointing towards the top of the gas tank while the truck is being cycled. I think I hear the pump? I can also feel slight vibration in the fuel tank when it makes that whirring sound.

11. Top Of Page | #40

User Info Menu

AND another interesting thing(Trying to do logical troubleshooting to give more details to someone smarter), is if I open the front filter drain and start the truck, it shoots out some bubbly fuel for a sec, then a straight stream, then the truck will stay running. However, the second I close the drain valve, the truck stalls. Pic below of the valve I'm opening and closing in this step

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast