Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  57
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Changed Fuel Filters and Now Truck Won't Stay Running?

1. Top Of Page | #41

User Info Menu

Re: Changed Fuel Filters and Now Truck Won't Stay Running?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #42

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jgruberman View Post

I'm beyond confused now. Sorry! I'd start over with new filters if it was mine. I'm not telling you to do that, it's just a guess and the direction I'd go. I'd do front first. The system should self prime if lift pump is working, and you got good fuel flow, but it dies when closing the drain.... only thing I can think of is that front filter is somehow causing this.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

3. Thanks jgruberman thanked for this post
    Likes jgruberman, SyN liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #43

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    I'm beyond confused now. Sorry! I'd start over with new filters if it was mine. I'm not telling you to do that, it's just a guess and the direction I'd go. I'd do front first. The system should self prime if lift pump is working, and you got good fuel flow, but it dies when closing the drain.... only thing I can think of is that front filter is somehow causing this.

I guess I can use the old front one for the time being to test and try to get it going?

5. Top Of Page | #44

User Info Menu

I put the old filter back in, visually identical to the new filter, same brand, and the truck is running constantly now. Sounds a bit rough, but I'm guessing thats the fuel pump priming and purging? Pardon my French but what the F*CK???

6. Likes Murph liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #45

User Info Menu

Interesting observation... when I pulled the "new" filter back out, the front filter cup was half full of fuel.

Then when I put the "old" filter back in, fuel overflowed from the fuel displacement of the filter.

I would have imagined if the "new" one was working as intended, it would have caused a similar displacement and the fuel been at the top of the cup.

8. Likes Murph liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #46

User Info Menu

Humm? What brand filters?

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

10. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #47

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    Humm? What brand filters?

I am wondering if you purchased one of those Amazon knock-off’s?

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

12. Likes Murph liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #48

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    I am wondering if you purchased one of those Amazon knock-off’s?

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

After looking back, this is what I apparently ordered:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07K72R4BB..._F5hgFbMR59DGJ

I just ordered whatever I had ordered previously, so maybe I got lucky and got a GOOD filter the first time.

14. Top Of Page | #49

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jgruberman View Post
    After looking back, this is what I apparently ordered:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07K72R4BB..._F5hgFbMR59DGJ

I just ordered whatever I had ordered previously, so maybe I got lucky and got a GOOD filter the first time.

I think so, I buy my filters from Geno’s Garage. I think they are still on sale. As you just found out it doesn’t always pay to try and save a little on them. Glad you were able to figure this issue out and your truck is up running again.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

15. Thanks jgruberman thanked for this post
    Likes jgruberman, Murph, SyN liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #50

User Info Menu

Yes, they are still on sale. Look like you are going to double your cost, but at least you know what you are getting.

https://www.genosgarage.com/category/fuel-filters

17. Likes Murph, Power247, SyN liked this post
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast