Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  57
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Changed Fuel Filters and Now Truck Won't Stay Running?

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: Changed Fuel Filters and Now Truck Won't Stay Running?

Quote Originally Posted by jgruberman View Post
    I opened the front drain valve and had the engine running(thinking i was purging the air) and at first it came out spotty but eventually became a strong solid stream. I'm guessing that means the pump is ok?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    Yes, the spotty flow was probably pushing out the air a strong solid stream is good. Sounds like your lift pump is okay.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

2. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 16 Cummins View Post
    Seems like he's right about having to "clock" the front filter to get it seated in the housing. Remove the cap, spin the filter while pushing down to see if it seats and inspect the cap.
    That's one thing I noticed, the front filter took a bit of leverage with a flat head screwdriver on the lip to get it out but putting it back in.... it just sort of sat there. Wondering if perhaps I need to remove the cap and push the filter down hard to get it to click down in place. If I recall correctly, it definitely didn't "click" in place when installing it.

3. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

I would definitely try it

5. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 16 Cummins View Post
    You shouldn't damage the o ring. Check it later to make sure it isn't leaking though.
    I agree with you. The only way I've ever known to damage an O ring is overtightening and I definitely don't think either cap was.

7. Likes 16 Cummins liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

Agreed make sure the filter is properly seated by slowly rotating and gently pushing down and check the O ring for damage and cap for cracks.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

9. Likes SyN liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    Might leak a bit of shes full

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    Same for the rear to inspect? Might leak a bit but I can just unscrew the filter without draining it to check the o ring?

11. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

Same for the rear to inspect? Might leak a bit but I can just unscrew the filter without draining it to check the o ring?

Um yeah you can. Might leak a tad more than a bit.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

12. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

Personally I would drain the rear filter prior to removing or unseating to check the seal.

14. Likes SyN liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    Personally I would drain the rear filter prior to removing or unseating to check the seal.

Yeah that i had a feeling of. I can still reuse the fuel I take it?

16. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

Yeah that i had a feeling of. I can still reuse the fuel I take it?

Yes, try to keep it clean and use a coffee filter in your funnel when putting it back into your tank.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast