Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  57
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Changed Fuel Filters and Now Truck Won't Stay Running?

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Changed Fuel Filters and Now Truck Won't Stay Running?

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    Good advice above. I suppose there is also chance of a lift pump issue. I would check the pump pressure with a gauge or at least open the front filter drain valve and check for an adequate supply of fuel into a bucket or jug with the pump running.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I opened the front drain valve and had the engine running(thinking i was purging the air) and at first it came out spotty but eventually became a strong solid stream. I'm guessing that means the pump is ok?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Make sure the top o ring on the rear filter came off with the old filter. I had one stick to the housing once and I have always checked the old filter since. Also, you may have cracked the plastic cap on the engine mounted filter causing an air leak.

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 16 Cummins View Post
    Make sure the top o ring on the rear filter came off with the old filter. I had one stick to the housing once and I have always checked the old filter since. Also, you may have cracked the plastic cap on the engine mounted filter causing an air leak.
    Can I remove the top cap without anything leaking or do I need to open the front drain?

4. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jgruberman View Post
    The small one is for the bleed valve on the rear filter. The big one is actually for the front filters cap. Is there any way from the outside(after reseating the o rings) if there is an air leak?

I dont know. I hated that cartridge filter. It kinda had to be seated right as well if remember. It would leak fuel if the cap o ring tore I'd think. Just curious wheres your fuel level?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

5. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jgruberman View Post
    Can I remove the top cap without anything leaking or do I need to open the front drain?

Might leak a bit of shes full

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

6. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=jgruberman;192464]Can I remove the top cap without anything leaking or do I need to open the front drain?

As long as the key is off, you can remove the front filter cap without overflowing.

7. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    I dont know. I hated that cartridge filter. It kinda had to be seated right as well if remember. It would leak fuel if the cap o ring tore I'd think. Just curious wheres your fuel level?

Fuel is at full, even with all the fuel I've been bleeding LOL. I just filled the tank up yesterday.

8. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Worst case if I damaged an O-ring, can I reuse one of the ones from the old filters? I figure it's not ideal, but better than nothing?

9. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Seems like he's right about having to "clock" the front filter to get it seated in the housing. Remove the cap, spin the filter while pushing down to see if it seats and inspect the cap.

10. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

You shouldn't damage the o ring. Check it later to make sure it isn't leaking though.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast