Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: RaceME Ultra Vs. MM3 Tuner

1. Top Of Page | #1

RaceME Ultra Vs. MM3 Tuner

First off, I have a 2012 RAM 3500 with 295,000 miles on it.

I'm looking to delete and tune it, mostly for fuel mileage, but also added horsepower and healthier for the engine.

I was a diesel tech for Caterpillar for 10 years, so I understand the mechanics of my truck, but I'm new to the performance and tuning aspect.

I've been looking heavily at the RaceME Ultra recently.

What is everyone's opinion on the best tuner, from where, and why?

2. Likes watersupply189, RATLIN'HP liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: RaceME Ultra Vs. MM3 Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighter_1369 View Post
    First off, I have a 2012 Ram 3500 with 295,000 miles on it. I'm looking to delete and tune it, mostly for fuel mileage, but also added horsepower and healthier for the engine. I was a diesel tech for Caterpillar for 10 years, so I understand the mechanics of my truck, but I'm new to the performance and tuning aspect. I've been looking heavily at the RaceMe Ultra recently. What is everyone's opinion on the best tuner, from where, and why?
    I’ve got the Ultra on my 2014 2500 and the MM3 on my 2018 4500.

Both are good but I got custom tuning on the MM3 due to the fact that I tow a 33ft dovetail and a 20k cat D5K2.

I don’t want it to break or melt down.

I think the highest power increase on my MM3 is around 90hp and I love it.

A guy that hangs around on here a good bit did the tuning and it works.

Whichever you get make sure to get the pyro probe to keep an eye on the EGT’s.

I’ve got the tunes on the RaceME that came with it and my EGT's run a little hotter on it.

Also, make sure you do the sets for the tranny re-learn process.

Makes a difference if you do any tranny tuning.

Both are good and I’d recommend either.

I’m pretty sure you can get the custom WARP tuning for the RaceME too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: RaceME Ultra Vs. MM3 Tuner

Since you don't own either, and are an LPM, go ahead and just get an MM3 with custom tuning.

Unless you really need to save a little money, there is no benefit to running the RaceME box tunes.

Most end up purchasing custom WARP tuning after experiencing the box tunes, from what I see anyhow.

2017 2500 Laramie: DRD Juiced, 5" TBE, Invisible EGR mod, BD Iron Horn 364sxe/1.0AR, 20x10 Hostile Sprockets, 33x12.50 General Grabber A/T, HID Conversion, Reverse Level 2" Drop CSS Rear Coils

6. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post