Quote Originally Posted by NoMorePowerstrokes View Post
Hello everyone, my name is Steve from PA. I'm new here.

As my profile name suggests I've been a Powerstroke guy for the last several years but finally decided to make the switch and bought a 2018 leftover.

As for my questions, I was curious if you guys actually follow the whole, change your oil every 6 months recommendation.

I changed my oil January 15th at 2,900 miles.

It has now been 6 months and the truck is only at 6,900 miles.

Is it a complete waste of money and oil to change again?

I'm not afraid to spend money to maintenance the truck right, but at the same time I don't like wasting money either.

My second question is, does anyone here run Mobil1 TDT 5W-40 in their rigs? TDT was an oil I really liked to run in my Powerstrokes but I have not really been able to find anyone talk about it on forums for the 6.7.

If not, what oil do you guys recommend. Has anyone used a particular oil for awhile and had oil analysis done to show that said oil is a good choice.

Sorry for the "noob" questions, and thank you in advance for responses.

I plan on keeping this truck a long time.

I also plan on becoming a platinum member when I decide to make the truck run "right".
Welcome!

I change mine once a year or 10k whichever comes first.

I have been using Royal Purple full synthetic 15W40 in mine since new but have been considering trying out the Hot Shots diamond brand oil.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!