Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9

Thread: Boost In Relation To Throttle %

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Boost In Relation To Throttle %

Just a quick question and this could be completely unable to be answered based on everybody having diff setups, just curious what an average you would say boost pressure numbers should be around for specific throttle percents.

For instance what would you normally expect to see around that 35-40% steady hold.

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Boost In Relation To Throttle %

Depends on what tune you're running but I get probably 2-3psi cruising around that throttle %?

Just going off of memory so don't quote me.

2017 2500 Laramie: DRD Juiced, 5" TBE, Invisible EGR mod, BD Iron Horn 364sxe/1.0AR, 20x10 Hostile Sprockets, 33x12.50 General Grabber A/T, HID Conversion, Reverse Level 2" Drop CSS Rear Coils

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CUcummins2010 View Post
    Just a quick question and this could be completely unable to be answered based on everybody having diff setups, just curious what an average you would say boost pressure numbers should be around for specific throttle percents.

For instance what would you normally expect to see around that 35-40% steady hold.
    2-10 psi depending on load. I’m leveled with 35s.

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Yea I’m keeping it in the 60hp for a while right now and I’m on 35s leveled too maybe it’s just the exhaust being a lot louder so I’m not hearing the turbo.

I haven’t been gettin on it but even at that 30-40% range and around 16-18 boost I’m not hearing it at all with the windows up.

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Yea I’m keeping it in the 60hp for a while right now and I’m on 35s leveled too maybe it’s just the exhaust being a lot louder so I’m not hearing the turbo.

ess I’m maxing it out
    I haven’t been gettin on it but even at that 30-40% range and around 16-18 boost I’m not hearing it at all with the windows up.
    I hardly hear my Stock turbo at all unless I’m maxing it out at 30+psi.

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Need to consider fuel % and also how much of a load on it you have.

even manual vs auto 4wd vs 2wd.

Do you have a tuner or Monitor? Like an edge insight or a MM3. You can pull up PID's and look at exact throttle %, load%.

If I'm cruising at 40mph empty no wait and no load on the engine my boost will be nothing. do that same straight stretch but angle the road up 15 degrees and now I"m putting load on the engine. more fuel, more boost. this is even more magnified in the same scenario if i was pulling 10k trailer.

If you are able to monitor actual load percentage and accelerator % position and boost for a month, you can see interesting stuff.

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DIESELWRKS View Post
    need to consider fuel % and also how much of a load on it you have.

even manual vs auto 4wd vs 2wd .

Do you have a tuner or Monitor? like an edge insight or a MM3. you can pull up PID's and look at exact throttle %, load%
    If I'm cruising at 40mph empty no wait and no load on the engine , my boost will be nothing. do that same straight stretch but angle the road up 15 degrees and now I"m putting load on the engine. more fuel , more boost. this is even more magnified in the same scenario if i was pulling 10k trailer.

if you are able to monitor actual load percentage and accelerator % position and boost for a month, you can see interesting stuff.
    Yea I have the MM3 and it’s when there is load as far as boost, the boost numbers actually look right.

For example two days ago I kind of got in it getting on the interstate just to see and throttle percent was around 65% and I actually got in that 22-24 boost range number which I’m happy with (slight up hill ramp ) but still could not hear the turbo at all not even a little and that’s where I’m lost.

I swear I could hear it more when it was stock and I realize the 4” straight is louder but I should be able to at least hear it with the windows up, but nothing.

Every now and then you can barely and I mean barely hear it for a few seconds.

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I have a CAI I hear the turbo load more now then before deleting.

The engine deleted is passing gas quicker.

I can hear the turbo whistle more out of the tail pipe.

Did u change the angle or location of tail pipe after delete.

As u know the switch level u have it on will also change how quick the fuel and boost hits through the power band.

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

It's definitely not a loud turbo whistle but have you at least taken the foam baffle out of the intake in front of the turbo?

Gives a little more sound.

2017 2500 Laramie: DRD Juiced, 5" TBE, Invisible EGR mod, BD Iron Horn 364sxe/1.0AR, 20x10 Hostile Sprockets, 33x12.50 General Grabber A/T, HID Conversion, Reverse Level 2" Drop CSS Rear Coils

18. Likes watersupply189 liked this post