Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  11
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cummins to build engines for Nissan pickups

1. Top Of Page | #21
    guru of all things diesel Canadiandiesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

I just saw the engine they are planning to put into these trucks, yea got a feeling your going to be pulling the body to do injectors as they are under the valve covers and the rails being internal...

2. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

so going the way of ford?

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

3. Top Of Page | #23
    guru of all things diesel Canadiandiesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

Yep

4. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rockwerx View Post
    Dodge surely drpped the ball on this one. The 1500 Rams should have got that 5 liter Cummins V8 instead of them chosing the Italian 3 liter V6. What happened to them using the 3 liter Mercedes turbo diesel? I know a few people that loved them in their Jeeps. Too bad Cummins did not design an inline 6 with around 4 liter displacement. I never liked any of the previous Cummins V8s. Hopefully the new V8s will be better than their old ones.
    I agree. ...also, It's a guy (and some gals) to have a Cummins in a truck. 👍

2012 RAM 2500 Laramie Longhorn 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Short Bed. MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel. Carli Suspension Backwoods 2.0 Leveling Kit, Carli Extended Control Arms, Nitto Ridge Grappler 35x12.5R17LT, MAG-HYTEC High Volume Diff Cover & Transmission Pan, Sinister Diesel DPF & Throttle Valve Delete, S&B Cold Air Filter, 4” Flo-Pro TBE w/Muffler & Twister.

5. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

The rumor I heard about Ram using it was it didn't get good enough mileage.

Cummins makes tes motors for everything. I see generators all the time at work with the Big C on them. Not sure what motors the use but doubt they use the same i6 in everything.

As for nissan I think it's a good move. People are buying 3/4 ton trucks and don't need them. They have a small camper, car trailer or boat and a diesel 1/2 ton is more then enough. I had a Titan a while back for a company truck. At first I didn't like it but it grew on me. It was a crew cab long bed and ran great. Even when I turned it in for my new truck it had around 225k miles and still ran great. Transmission shifted good. Only pain was the front end was worn and need gone over as it would cup tires but it had a hard life and I would expect much worse for ifs with that many hard miles.

As as for new Rams they are killing them. In high gear it runs unbelievable. Down low the torque management sucks. I love my truck. It only has 5000 miles but can't wait till I'm comfortable enough to get it tuned. I don't want to delete the exhaust I like the thought of not throwing the smoke over my truck on the trailer. I wouldn't mind turning off the EGR. But I will need to get a real clutch before I can do anything like that. I really don't think it needs more power just needs to let the driver have some control of how much is going to the ground. You can't fix stupid.

6. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

I want one!

I already have big truck with 12V so I don't need to modify Nissan in anyway but I like to have one as daily driver.

I have a 2008 Navara "EU name" smaller than Titan and I love it as daily driver and for work I don't carry big loads only few light tools and stuff and use it for fishing trips so the new Titan can do that job just fine for me stock.

I am looking forward to see how it will turn out and after about 1 or 2 years after I might go for one gone give them some time to test and work out some issues that can always and will always come with something new.

I think this is really good move for Nissan and really looking forward to see how it will come out.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123