Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  11
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cummins to build engines for Nissan pickups

1. Top Of Page | #11
    Inactive Vendor

User Info Menu

Being an employee for cummins. Its all sbout the numbers. I see so many catastrophic failures and repeat failures and well a lot of failures. Theyre not too worried about their reputation. They want to stick their engine in everything. More money for them come servicing time right???
    As for the isx series. Well im not going there. Lets just say their are more than 2 failures that I see EVERY DAY. They will keep their reputation dont worry about that. Its all about money

2. Thanks Polaraco thanked for this post
    Likes Polaraco liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Don't take me wrong. I am and always have been a firm Cummins believer. They need to fire the bean counters.

What you said about failures is why I brought up the track history of the Dodge offering. I suspected what I was eluding too.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Top Of Page | #13
    Inactive Vendor

User Info Menu

A lot of failures are isx. Lately on the isb what ive been seeing besides egr coolers is shellacing. Along with seized sector shafts. But like I said before, they have millions of engines out there and your blown head gasket could have been the factory guy that smacked hisbfellow coworker with it then installed it. Anything can happen

5. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

I know you told us about the refinements done on the 6.7. But the life Mean Time was cut in half on it too. I have to say that has to do with the emission systems added. I still prefer the 5.9. They have such a great track record. I could never get out of my 6.7 what my 5 9 is doing now. (See previous page)

Dodge missed this one for sure. a 3.8 vs a 5.0? I know which one will get better mileage.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Top Of Page | #15
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

i just hope that nissan diesel drivers dont get all cocky and start comparing themselves to the big diesels. But i do hope for the best on them running a v8 cummins, but ill stick to my 5.9 and 6.7 I6.

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Polaraco thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Polaraco liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

I will stick I6 also. The v8 vs. I6 is something I brough up on this discussion somewhere else also.

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

9. Top Of Page | #17
    Permanent Vacation dodgeram082500's Avatar

User Info Menu

I am interested to see how this one turns out as well. If I am reading right the wieght of a v8 gas equiped titan is in the 5500 pound range now you put a motor in that capable of over 500 HP and you have a nightmare for the heavy trucks if the engine/trans can hold together. I hate the exterior of the truck and would still much rather see the 5.0 in the dodge 1500. I am still a inline fan ,but this will be an interesting combo.

10. Top Of Page | #18
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Personally im all against it. And i hope the titan owners realize theyll be the red headed step child in the diesel world. Also read there gonna call em 1500's...just slap dodge on the front and call it a day why dont ya nissan! I hve other opinions but this is a friendly forum so ill hold em.

11. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

i 2nd that

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

12. Top Of Page | #20
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

well, first i'll say i'm not into nissians. I am however excited to see a cummins V8 turbo diesel, although at 5.0L i think it's a bit small. Is a titan a 3/4 ton truck?? Or are they going for the 1/2 ton diesel market? and don't get me wrong, i'm a fan of inline 6.i do understand RAM going with the Motori engine due to the company already owning it basicly. It sure will be diffrent seeing a nissian with stacks blowin smoke with a cummins logo in the future! i guess if its a cummins and kickin duramax and powerstroke *** i'm for it. hey it's a cummins and will be good for the cummins company also. youll see nissian sucks but cummins makes it worth it stickers. But i wouldn't own one! Dodge man! Diesel power mag has had some articles about this issue too.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast