Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Headlight / Instrument Cluster

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Headlight / Instrument Cluster

So I have a "lamp out" indicator on my instrument cluster.

I did have one low beam headlight out.

I have recon headlights.

I replaced the bulb and the indicator stayed on then I noticed that both headlights were out.

The odd part is that my high beams work and the bulbs appear the be good.

My fog lights work too (they're Baja designs but tied into factory fog light switch) the other odd thing is that if I'm idling, the oil pressure gauge sometimes drops to 0 but as soon as throttle is applied it goes back to normal.

I have atuometer gauges for trans temp, oil pressure, and EGT and that oil pressure gauge is tied in at the top of the filter housing and shows ~40-45 psi at idle, even when the factory one is at 0.

If I first start the truck up in the morning it won't drop to zero until its warm and been driven down the road, but I know I have oil pressure. also my windshield washer doesn't work, the wipers go but the washer doesn't spray.

All of this is grounded through the instrument cluster from what I read in the service manual.

I can't find faults anywhere else so I'm wondering if the instrument cluster itself could be bad?

04.5 3500 srw SLT.

Like I said only thing of that modified is the recon headlights and all connections are good (they were soldered with heat shrink except where the original factory connection plugs in). any help is appreciated, I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place for this or not.

04 3500 SRW 4x4. 4.5" icon stage 5 w/ full progressive rear leaf and 2.5 shocks, 20x9 procomp alloys, 37x13.50R20 Baja boss A/T, synergy steering, ARP headstuds, flopro 4” stainless, coolant bypass, oil bypass, smarty touch w/ custom tuning, fleece powerflo 750 CP3, fleece 2nd gen swap w/ AFE stainless manifold and s463, II 100hp injectors, AFE intercooler, pusher mega Intake with cross-air and mega tubes, fass titanium 165, Precision 48RE w/ billet upgrades and valve body, DPC 1800 stall billet triple disc, talon custom front/rear driveshafts, 4.11 gears. Fab fours black steel bumpers ~20 hwy ~17 city

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Headlight / Instrument Cluster

Has anyone else experienced this?

Also, has anyone else had to replace one?

I'm just thinking its the common denominator because those things not working all run through that. but what's throwing me off is the headlights working in high beam. does anyone know how to tell if it's bad?

I know all power and ground for the ECM is good. I checked all fuses and relays.

I'm actually getting 2.5v at the factory headlight connector with the truck off and lights off. that's the really weird part.

I guess I'm going to go pull the light out and see what I can see.

04 3500 SRW 4x4. 4.5" icon stage 5 w/ full progressive rear leaf and 2.5 shocks, 20x9 procomp alloys, 37x13.50R20 Baja boss A/T, synergy steering, ARP headstuds, flopro 4” stainless, coolant bypass, oil bypass, smarty touch w/ custom tuning, fleece powerflo 750 CP3, fleece 2nd gen swap w/ AFE stainless manifold and s463, II 100hp injectors, AFE intercooler, pusher mega Intake with cross-air and mega tubes, fass titanium 165, Precision 48RE w/ billet upgrades and valve body, DPC 1800 stall billet triple disc, talon custom front/rear driveshafts, 4.11 gears. Fab fours black steel bumpers ~20 hwy ~17 city