Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  11

Thread: Sunroof Leak

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Sunroof Leak

I have a 2015 RAM 2500 bighorn w/ factory sunroof.

This morning riding to work I notice water coming from passenger side grab rail at the pillar, as well as back passenger side of sunroof opening (headliner), was wet.

Anybody ever has this problem.

I need to check the drains I know but was concerned seal may be bad.

2015 cummins 2500 crew cab w/ rf 68 s&b cold air,mbrp stainless 4" w/ muffler,mm3 tuner from double r diesel,xdr throttle valve delete,xdr egr delete,shibby plug kit, traxda 3.5"/2" lift, 20x12 hostile wheels w/35" amp at/g tires

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Sunroof Leak

Quote Originally Posted by Opie15 View Post
    I have a 2015 RAM 2500 bighorn w/ factory sunroof.

This morning riding to work I notice water coming from passenger side grab rail at the pillar, as well as back passenger side of sunroof opening (headliner), was wet.

Anybody ever has this problem.

I need to check the drains I know but was concerned seal may be bad.

2015 cummins 2500 crew cab w/ rf 68 s&b cold air,mbrp stainless 4" w/ muffler,mm3 tuner from double r diesel,xdr throttle valve delete,xdr egr delete,shibby plug kit, traxda 3.5"/2" lift, 20x12 hostile wheels w/35" amp at/g tires
    My past truck had a sunroof and did the same thing.

The drains where clogged up.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

4. Thanks Opie15 thanked for this post
    Likes Opie15 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Man I hope that's all it is just not looking forward to having to possibly drop the headliner. Did that once to install cab lights and it's time consuming

6. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Man I hope that's all it is just not looking forward to having to possibly drop the headliner. Did that once to install cab lights and it's time consuming

I hear ya!

It’s very time consuming

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Just wanted to get some opinions on this situation......I recently did some more searching for this leak dropped the front of the headliner down and ran water across sunroof and cab lights could not find a leak ..... a couple weeks later I noticed after a rain water dripping from passenger side front grab rail(again). But this time I checked the rear slider cause I noticed the back seat had some water on it passenger side as well. I'm thinking it is possibly my 3rd break light leaking and running down that passenger side or maybe one of the rear drain tubes (sunroof) are leaking. Couldn't really see them with front half down...looks like I need to drop rear half of headliner and retest for leaks... only reason I think 3rd break light is my 2014 ram did the same or similar thing water building up in inside track for rear slider. Only it didn't run to front. This truck however is lifted in the rear as well the 2014 just had a leveling kit on it

9. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Just wanted to get some opinions on this situation......I recently did some more searching for this leak dropped the front of the headliner down and ran water across sunroof and cab lights could not find a leak ..... a couple weeks later I noticed after a rain water dripping from passenger side front grab rail(again). But this time I checked the rear slider cause I noticed the back seat had some water on it passenger side as well. I'm thinking it is possibly my 3rd break light leaking and running down that passenger side or maybe one of the rear drain tubes (sunroof) are leaking. Couldn't really see them with front half down...looks like I need to drop rear half of headliner and retest for leaks... only reason I think 3rd break light is my 2014 ram did the same or similar thing water building up in inside track for rear slider. Only it didn't run to front. This truck however is lifted in the rear as well the 2014 just had a leveling kit on it

It could be your third brake light leaking.

I also had that issue.

Dealership replaced the whole light with a thicker gasket.

2016 Ram 3500 CC 4x4, G56, Dr. DRD medically cured!

11. Thanks Opie15 thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, Opie15 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

On my ECO diesel work truck, we had the same issues.

We just used air to blow the drains out and boom she was all good again.

13. Thanks Opie15 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Opie15 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

New update.

So I dropped the rear of the headliner this past weekend got in the garden hose out and could not replicate the leak that I was seeing on rear slider however I had already remove 3rd brake light and cleaned the mating surfaces and just reassembled.

I did find a leak on rear wall behind driver side rear seat where the drain tube goes out the truck just a loose fit over time around the rubber grommet and black tubing.

A little bit of silicon and it was stopped.

It was letting in quite a bit of water though so I'm glad I found it need to pull passenger side now and check it out to be on the safe side.

15. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Thomas1960 liked this post