Likes Likes:  36
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RaceME Ultra Question

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: RaceME Ultra Question

Quote Originally Posted by bjh5653 View Post
    Thanks, that’s good to hear.

What I’m understanding is: DRD just managed to figure out a higher quality tune (that could be loaded into either a RaceME or MM3 unit) than what comes with pre-loaded on the RaceME.

I guess it’s hard to quantify, but you’re saying the shifting feels better and the DRD tune should smoke less, and have lower exhaust temps. That about sum it up?

From what I’ve gathered, DRD does not actually need to take any files from my truck, apparently he only asks what VIN and any mods I have, then sells me the MM3 box pre-loaded with a tune that fits. Unless I got that part wrong.

Whatever, if the consensus is that the DRD premade tune is better than what the guys at RaceME concocted then it sounds worth it.
    DRD does custom tune each truck based on the mods and VIN number.

The Cummins motor is not a one size fits all because of all the different year calibrations that Cummins Inc. has made to the motors over the years.

The RaceME box tunes can cause Turbo Surging and the Trans Tuning is less that desirable.

Get DRD Tuned and you'll be a happy camper!

God bless,
    igotacummins

"The grass is greener where you water it"

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes Rtetrault, AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Plus you are getting the best customer service in the business.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

X2 ^^^^^^^

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, Rtetrault liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Got some awesome feedback from this topic, thank yall very much!

Purchasing DRD tuning ASAP and getting rid of these box tunes!

Although I must say I'm impressed with the box tunes that RaceME has to offer, cant say anything bad about it, but anything that will increase the longevity of my truck its worth it to me.

Plus feeling a little extra in the seat is always nice!

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

If you want to download a new tune, and flash it to the truck, do you have to relearn the transmission every time it’s flashed?

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Davey View Post
    If you want to download a new tune, and flash it to the truck, do you have to relearn the transmission every time it’s flashed ?
    When you first flash your new DRD tunes package to your ECM you will need to perform the transmission relearn.

Changing HP levels does not require the relearn.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12