Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  36
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RaceME Ultra Question

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

RaceME Ultra Question

Hello all.

I have a 15 4th gen with a RaceME Ultra canned tunes (I think) bought it with the tuner already on it.

Truck drives, shifts great, no complaints.

But all of the great recommendations on DRD custom tunes I’d like to do whatever is best for the truck!

So my question is can this tuner use custom tunes or is it only the MM3?

Confused from the two.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes watersupply189, Thomas1960 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: RaceME Ultra Question

Quote Originally Posted by Davey View Post
    Hello all.

I have a 15 4th gen with a RaceME Ultra canned tunes (I think) bought it with the tuner already on it.

Truck drives, shifts great, no complaints.

But all of the great recommendations on DRD custom tunes I’d like to do whatever is best for the truck!

So my question is can this tuner use custom tunes or is it only the MM3?

Confused from the two.

Thank you!

Yes, the RaceMe Ultra can run custom tuning.

It's called warp tuning and I believe DRD still offers it.

I ran the canned tunes for about two years before I went to his warp tuning and it made a big difference.

Smoother shifts especially the downshifts when towing the power is smoother, the truck just runs better all around.

2011 Ram 3500 SLT, 6.7 Cummins. 4.10 gears 68RFE Transmission. RaceMe Ultra with Warp Tuning by DRD, DPF delete pipe, EGR delete. 4 inch superlift lift kit with Bilstein shocks, dual steering stabilizer. 35x12.5x20 Toyo AT3s on black KMC XD795 wheels. Fender flares, N-Fab 6 step nerf bars.
    Honestly it's just a tow rig...

4. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes Power247, watersupply189, Thomas1960 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

OK great, will have to go that route.

Also is there a pillar mount that you can have your RaceME attached to along with two other gauges, say pyro/boost?

Used to seeing gauges and not the monitor, just personal preference.

Curious if anyone has fabbed anything to make it work or if they sell a mount like that.

Thank you.

And as far as WARP tuning goes, do you purchase everything through DRD or do you buy WARP from RaceME and then go through DRD?

Thanks.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Davey View Post
    OK great, will have to go that route.

Also is there a pillar mount that you can have your RaceME attached to along with two other gauges, say pyro/boost?

Used to seeing gauges and not the monitor, just personal preference.

Curious if anyone has fabbed anything to make it work or if they sell a mount like that.

Thank you.

And as far as WARP tuning goes, do you purchase everything through DRD or do you buy WARP from RaceME and then go through DRD?

Thanks.
    You purchase the WARP tuning direct from DRD.

The pillar mount I used just has a spot for the tuner, I got that through DRD when I purchased the tuner.

I believe there is a pillar mount that has multiple gauges with the tuner.

I'm pretty sure DRD had one in one of his videos so you might be able to purchase that through him as well.

If not I'm sure he can point you in the right direction.

2011 Ram 3500 SLT, 6.7 Cummins. 4.10 gears 68RFE Transmission. RaceMe Ultra with Warp Tuning by DRD, DPF delete pipe, EGR delete. 4 inch superlift lift kit with Bilstein shocks, dual steering stabilizer. 35x12.5x20 Toyo AT3s on black KMC XD795 wheels. Fender flares, N-Fab 6 step nerf bars.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

@Davey to purchase from DRD you have to go down the rabbit hole.

Click here: https://www.igotacummins.com/threads...pril-1st-2019)

God bless,
    igotacummins

"The grass is greener where you water it"

10. Likes watersupply189, Rtetrault, Thomas1960 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Hi, I'm also thinking to get the DRD setup on the MM3.

You sound like you have experience with the DRD and the RaceME tunes.

I want to know more about the differences, WHY the DRD is just all around better.

Can you elaborate a little more on whats better, please?

In comparing the RaceME Ultra to the DRD on the MM3.

If I asked this in the wrong place to the wrong person, I'm sorry, just joined the club today, figuring out how it all works.

12. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

@DRD could answer this.

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bjh5653 View Post

I want to know more about the differences, WHY the DRD is just all around better.

If I asked this in the wrong place to the wrong person, I'm sorry, just joined the club today, figuring out how it all works.
    The main difference in the RaceMe Ultra and the MM3 is that the Ultra comes with box tunes and the MM3 has to have the tunes built by someone. Box tunes are kind of a one size fits all tune that come loaded on the Ultra, so sort of plug&play. You still get multiple power levels and it's way better than stock. You can also get custom tuning for the Ultra, it's called wARP tuning.
    With custom tuning, the tuner has you pull a stock file from the truck then uses a computer program to build tunes specifically for your truck. Usually resulting in better power delivery and shifting than the Ultra box tunes. The MM3 has to be custom tuned.
    I have an Ultra, mainly because the MM3 wasn't out yet when I purchased it. I ran the box tunes for a couple of years then decided to get the custom wARP tuning by DRD. Smoother power delivery and less smoke than the box tunes. The shifting is the part I'm happiest with, just all around Smoother shifts. The Ultra box tunes down shifted really hard, especially when towing downhill on mountain passes, and we've got a few here in Montana.
    As to why DRD instead of another tuner, he gets great reviews because his tuning is really good. My experience with him was great, I was new to diesels and had a lot of questions about the Ultra when I was deciding what to do and he took the time to answer all of my questions. The turnaround on the WARP tuning when i had that done was really fast and the product he sold me was great.
    So if you want to custom tuning go with the MM3 and save a step. If you're on the fence the Ultra is a good product to start with and you can get custom tuning later if you want.
    Hope that helps, and good luck.

16. Thanks bjh5653, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bjh5653 View Post

There's another thread that was started today about this as well you might want to check out

https://www.igotacummins.com/threads...a-Vs-MM3-Tuner

18. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Thanks, that’s good to hear.

What I’m understanding is: DRD just managed to figure out a higher quality tune (that could be loaded into either a RaceME or MM3 unit) than what comes with pre-loaded on the RaceME.

I guess it’s hard to quantify, but you’re saying the shifting feels better and the DRD tune should smoke less, and have lower exhaust temps. That about sum it up?

From what I’ve gathered, DRD does not actually need to take any files from my truck, apparently he only asks what VIN and any mods I have, then sells me the MM3 box pre-loaded with a tune that fits. Unless I got that part wrong.

Whatever, if the consensus is that the DRD premade tune is better than what the guys at RaceME concocted then it sounds worth it.

20. Likes watersupply189, Rtetrault, AK Bob liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast