Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  6

Thread: Finally A Dry Tonneau Cover

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Finally A Dry Tonneau Cover

I have a fifth wheel trailer and we are out at a campground. I needed a place to store stuff for the trip while we are disconnected. I also put a ATVs and a golFCArt in the back.

That means I can't have a fiberglass hard top, plus they suck in many ways.

If I want to be able to back up the fifth wheel I can't get the foldable hard tops if I want to see anything, also those leak at the joints anyway. Trust me, a friend spent over a grand and put carpet in his bed, the carpet just got wet and moldy. YouTube is full of leaky foldable hard tops. I can't believe people pay that price for a cover that leaks. I guess if you had to lock stuff, but a coat hanger pulling on the cable can open it. I think only one prevents the coat hanger thieves.

I can't give up bed space for those canister roll out ones either and they cost as much as a front bumper and winch

I had one of the normal low profile tops that mounted inside the bed rails but it leaked no matter what I did or how I tried to seal it, even with 5200. I think because it's so low profile it just doesn't get a good seal at the the gate and between the bed rails where water can pool .

My friend had a OEM Ford top and we were discussing it one day at his hunting property. He hauls his tools in the back of his bed non-stop in case he goes up to his property. He says it never gets wet, so I ordered one. Here it is, it's a little bulkier but it rests on top of the rails so that water won't get inside. I really like how the material folds over the edges even on the corners, notice the corner, it will actually be dry vs material just lying flat on the corner of the rail with the low profile ones. Even all four corners has closed cell foam under the rails. Even the tailgate has a seal. It's exactly the same as the OEM Ford, patent number and everything, but here is the one that fits our trucks. I love that I have a dry bed now.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002EOVR70..._NZkaFbK11Z42T

Tailgate seal:

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

2012 2500 ST w/ manmual 4x4 from the auction w 16k miles - Upgrades so far - Leather, LED bed lights, HID projectors, Nav = Appradio3 w ARU unchained reloaded full touch screencast & tailgate handle backup camera, homemade front hitch and reciever w 12k lb winch, reverse lights, soft open tailgate, transfercase linkage mod, Ultra and deletes, folding back seat mod, Kicker hideaway under drivers seat, Fumoto valve and safety clip, new warrantied turbo at 16k. Rocker Aux panel switches, Ford fold away bed extender, inverter outlet mod, soon an overhead console. Pulling a 2001 Prokat 2200WA around on my days off.

2. Thanks cosmicIPA thanked for this post
    Likes Collin42, watersupply189, cosmicIPA liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Finally A Dry Tonneau Cover

Which one of three did you get?

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tomoad View Post
    Which one of three did you get?
    The one I posted a link to Amazon.

The Truxsport is the only one that rides on top of the rail and has a seal pushing down on all 4 sides.

Great price too vs other leaking ones.

2012 2500 ST w/ manmual 4x4 from the auction w 16k miles - Upgrades so far - Leather, LED bed lights, HID projectors, Nav = Appradio3 w ARU unchained reloaded full touch screencast & tailgate handle backup camera, homemade front hitch and reciever w 12k lb winch, reverse lights, soft open tailgate, transfercase linkage mod, Ultra and deletes, folding back seat mod, Kicker hideaway under drivers seat, Fumoto valve and safety clip, new warrantied turbo at 16k. Rocker Aux panel switches, Ford fold away bed extender, inverter outlet mod, soon an overhead console. Pulling a 2001 Prokat 2200WA around on my days off.

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

3 month review

No leaks so far, I still love this thing.

On trips I have three watertight bins from home depot that sit against the rear wall that can get wet when the top is open for the the 5th wheel.

Otherwise I keep two tool boxes, a battery jumper, 6 gas cans, and a very large ammo box filled with random stuff like a grease gun etc.

I'm so happy it stays dry back there.

8. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post