Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  53
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Passenger Side Sits Higher Than Driver?

1. Top Of Page | #41

User Info Menu

Re: Passenger Side Sits Higher Than Driver?

Quote Originally Posted by DIESELWRKS View Post
    I just looked at Pro-comp website and looked at the downloadable PDF and yes those are the correct part numbers for front coils. you mentioned earlier that you have a adjustable trac-bar? the pro comp kit is made to use the factory non adjustable trac-bar using a drop bracket with this lift. so is the truck trying to use an adjustable trac-bar upfront with a drop bracket ? shouldn't be that way. new cam bolts are suppose to be used when the lift was put on.
    like i was saying on some good info on suspension looking at Thuren's website and as Ram IT above. go to a shop that can do a good alignment and is familiar with lifts, trucks etc.
    it wouldn't surprise me that they never did a proper alignment after the lift was put on.
    Well i went to get an alignment and my truck wasn't tracking properly. I can't find the results sheet but it was out to the left and the results number was in the red. I was told that I needed the track bar because they couldn't fix it without those, so recently I installed an adjustable front and rear track bar myself.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #42

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jgruberman View Post
    Well i went to get an alignment and my truck wasn't tracking properly. I can't find the results sheet but it was out to the left and the results number was in the red. I was told that I needed the track bar because they couldn't fix it without those, so recently I installed an adjustable front and rear track bar myself.

Does your alignment shop specialize in lifted solid axle trucks? If they don't they are probably showing you that the truck is way out of spec. Check Thuren's website for proper alignment specs, there are quite a few differences between stock and lifted.

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

4. Thanks AK Bob thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #43

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    Does your alignment shop specialize in lifted solid axle trucks? If they don't they are probably showing you that the truck is way out of spec. Check Thuren's website for proper alignment specs, there are quite a few differences between stock and lifted.
    I'll have to check the specs when they do it. It wasn't far out, just BARELY off track.

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #44

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jgruberman View Post
    I'll have to check the specs when they do it. It wasn't far out, just BARELY off track.

Keep in mind that when you lift a solid axle truck you will get axle shift. This is why adjustable track bars are almost a necessity. However, it would sound like your ProComp kit isn't designed to use one. I need to look at your actual kit & I can give you some better feedback.

Stand by.

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

8. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #45

User Info Menu

Per the part listing for those coil springs these are 4" coil springs for vehicles with a 6" lift system.

However, this seems to be negated by other part listings indicating the springs are for a 4" system. Since ProComp doesn't have a search function, or any way to view individual parts for their lifts, it's hard to confirm. But the install instructions for the 4" system do show that the 56180 spring is used, so at least that is good.

So I yield back to my original point that the issue isn't incorrect parts, but more-so an incorrect alignment.

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

10. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, Power247 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #46

User Info Menu

Took it back for alignment after having installed the rear adjustable track bar and it seems to be tracking better.

Haven't measured the heights again yet though.

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345