Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  53
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Passenger Side Sits Higher Than Driver?

1. Top Of Page | #31

User Info Menu

Re: Passenger Side Sits Higher Than Driver?

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    Agree! ^^^ didn’t think of adding a spacer to the low side.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!
    Would that be a bandaid to the potentially larger problem of having "weakened springs"?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #32

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jgruberman View Post
    Would that be a bandaid to the potentially larger problem of having "weakened springs"?

You could just go ahead and replace the springs but in my opinion if there is that much difference in the space where the springs sits you could probably still have that leaning issue. A spacer could level the low side even.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

4. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #33

User Info Menu

You could just go ahead and replace the springs but in my opinion if there is that much difference in the space where the springs sits you could probably still have that leaning issue. A spacer could level the low side even.

Here's an interesting thought if I'm replacing springs... could I get 6" springs instead of the 4" front springs I already have to add additional lift to the truck or does it not work that way without changing other stuff as well?

6. Top Of Page | #34

User Info Menu

Agree! ^^^ didn’t think of adding a spacer to the low side.

I strongly advise against this. Coil spring spacers completely throw off your suspension geometry and stacking lifts is a no no.

These trucks lean from the factory, its due to the cross caster that is welded into the radius arms. I have brand new trucks on my lot that lean. This can be corrected with a minor caster adjustment on the side that is low. This would also fix the coil bowing issue which is solely due to the axle being shifted due to the lift.

Your truck needs a proper alignment before I would even consider adding or replacing parts.

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

7. Thanks Power247, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes Power247, watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #35

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    I strongly advise against this. Coil spring spacers completely throw off your suspension geometry and stacking lifts is a no no.

These trucks lean from the factory, its due to the cross caster that is welded into the radius arms. I have brand new trucks on my lot that lean. This can be corrected with a minor caster adjustment on the side that is low. This would also fix the coil bowing issue which is solely due to the axle being shifted due to the lift.

Your truck needs a proper alignment before I would even consider adding or replacing parts.
    Well there ya go! Learn something new everyday on here!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

9. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #36

User Info Menu

Thank you for the information. I was leaning against this because I've used wheel spacers before on a different truck asn7k

11. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #37

User Info Menu

And they caused nothing but issues so I have a bad mindset towards spacers in general.

On the note of springs, would I be able to replace my 4" lift springs with larger lift ones, or would the rest of the lift kit not be designed for that?

13. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #38

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jgruberman View Post
    And they caused nothing but issues so I have a bad mindset towards spacers in general.

On the note of springs, would I be able to replace my 4" lift springs with larger lift ones, or would the rest of the lift kit not be designed for that?

You would need to accommodate the rest of the suspension for the increase in height. It's really advisable to lift these trucks from the radius arms not the springs. There's a reason why Carli uses radius arm drops vs just increasing height with the springs.

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

15. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #39

User Info Menu

You would need to accommodate the rest of the suspension for the increase in height. It's really advisable to lift these trucks from the radius arms not the springs. There's a reason why Carli uses radius arm drops vs just increasing height with the springs.
    Yeah, there is a radius arm lift on there. I believe it's a 4" lift but never been specified anywhere. Maybe those springs also point to a 4" lift

17. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #40

User Info Menu

I just looked at Pro-comp website and looked at the downloadable PDF and yes those are the correct part numbers for front coils.

You mentioned earlier that you have a adjustable trac-bar?

The pro comp kit is made to use the factory non adjustable trac-bar using a drop bracket with this lift.

So is the truck trying to use an adjustable trac-bar upfront with a drop bracket?

Shouldn't be that way.

New cam bolts are suppose to be used when the lift was put on.

Like i was saying on some good info on suspension looking at Thuren's website and as Ram IT above.

Go to a shop that can do a good alignment and is familiar with lifts, trucks etc.

it wouldn't surprise me that they never did a proper alignment after the lift was put on.

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

19. Likes watersupply189, Power247 liked this post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast