Howdy all!

I actually joined this site to see what kind of knowledge base i can tap into. I work in the auto industry, i hunt, fish, camp, ride quads, and spend time with my two dogs (bubba the english bulldog and karma the german shep) and wife.

I located a used 2012 2500 Cummins for sale that has really peaked my interest. Sadly it's over 100 miles away so i haven't seen it in person just, but planning on it friday (dealership knows this). I can tell from one photo that is has a egr bypass or possibly delete on it already (photo has the dealerships logo covering part of that area). It's leveled and on 35's, which no biggie, but i'm getting it for a DD and tow pig. My current trailer is only 4500lbs MAX weight, but my wife and i want to upgrade to a 5th wheel in the next year or two. Our current rig 2013 F150 Supercrew with the 3.5L has been nothing but a disappointment the last year (has spent a total of 3 months in the shop), and on our last trip it didn't seem to have any power hauling our little camper.

So my question for you guys/gals is even though the truck shows zero 'normal' signs of being highly tuned appears to have stock exhaust, no holes from a turner dial, no tuner included in the sale, and no additional gauges.. Not saying any of these things are bad, just stating obvious facts that they typically go hand in hand LOL.. (plan on adding at least an exhaust to it down the road)

I have a buddy at work that has a cummins and has given me a couple bits of advice on what to look for on it (blow by/leaks/head gasket stuff).. Anything else i should look for to see if it did, or is currently tuned still?

Better yet, anyone in the Michigan City Indiana area want to do a guy a solid?