Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  17
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5th Gen Sunroof Leaking

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: 5th Gen Sunroof Leaking

I have this exact same problem with my 16 longhorn.

The water comes down the pillar and out of the corner of the map lights. '

Only when it rains really hard I've blown out the drain holes and no help.

So I just taped the top of the sun roof.

LOL not sure what else to do but I won't go to the dealer for the stroke job.

16 cummins Laramie longhorn, ccsb, 35x12.5x20 xplora mts ,tis wheels,fully deleted, pusher add a turbo kit,stainless diesel 475 5blade turbo over 63mm VGT delete turbo,manton springs, manton valve bridges,manton pushrods,ARP 625 headstuds,steedspeed t4i manifold , S&S 80% over injectors, thuren rear trackbar, kingspeed billet valve cover, revmax valve body billet plate, CCV reroute, pusher intake horn, thuren 2in level with king 2.5 front and rear, sway bar kit ,track bar and king steering damper. Air bags from airlift. 4" exhaust, fass lift pump,MM3,DRD tunes.pusher coolant reroute.

2. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by khaddon2110 View Post
    well they had the truck over the weekend at my local dealer......actually had it through Wednesday. When I picked it up they now tell me they have ordered more parts. Apparently the first time they replaced only the glass. Now they have ordered the entire sunroof kit including new glass, motor, brackets, and guides. Everything between the headliner and roof. When the parts come in, the truck will head to the body shop where after complete disassembly, it will undergo body work and paint to bring the roof contour into spec. There is a visual sag in the middle of the roof being caused by the glass pulling down on the metal every time the roof is opened. They have tried every type of alignment configuration to try and get a seal with no success.

I've always had sunroofs in my vehicles and trucks with no issues....i'm beginning to question my judgement going forward.
    Hey there, was your dealer able to get this fixed for you?

I’m having the same problem with water leaking through the microphone grill above the driver seat on my 2019 3500 with 5000km/3000mi.

I have an appointment with my dealer tomorrow.

2019 Ram 3500 (Aisin) Laramie 3.73 SRW Crew Cab

4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by davi9 View Post
    Hey there, was your dealer able to get this fixed for you?

I’m having the same problem with water leaking through the microphone grill above the driver seat on my 2019 3500 with 5000km/3000mi.

I have an appointment with my dealer tomorrow.
    Quick update after my dealership visit yesterday for those that may be interested.

The dealership was able to reproduce the leak which they found to be coming through the sunroof glass seal.

They replaced the sunroof glass and redid the leak test and the leak was gone.

I guess time will tell if it holds up.

Cheers

2019 Ram 3500 (Aisin) Laramie 3.73 SRW Crew Cab

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, Power247, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by khaddon2110 View Post
    I've got 8500 miles on my 19' and every time it rains or last winter when we got heavy wet snow I will get in my truck to find the floor mat soaked and water peeing out of the vent right above the drivers seat.

The last couple times it is running out the pillar and down the dash.

I've taken the truck into the dealer twice the first time for recalls one of which was apparently to check for sunroof seal/leaking.

The second visit was for the leak problem still happening and of course they found no issues.

I've got pictures showing the water pissing out and the water soaked headliner.

Any other 5th Gen owners having this issue?
    All sunroof seals will leak if it's a sliding type; it's just a dust seal and never designed to be watertight, just water resistant.

The end of the glass in the front and back has a gutter to divert water to the left or right when it does get through, where it then enters drain tubes going down the front pillars or the rear area.

Dust and dirt debris can collect and plug the drains, but at 8500, it seems too early.

Do you park it on a very steep driveway or incline?

I don't have a sunroof, but I had a water leak; it was my 3rd brake light seal.

Used RV putty to seal it up. (under the lamp, so not visible and plyable to remove if I need to change bulbs).

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12