Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  11

Thread: HE300VG To S300 Non VGT Tuning?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

HE300VG To S300 Non VGT Tuning?

Does anybody know of anyone that can tune a deleted 14' chassis cab with a s300 non VGT turbo?

Saw on RaceME's website it saying that it is not needed if just swapping the oem VGT for a larger non VGT but the shops I've talked to recommend custom tuning.

One recommended efi live with some crazy tune and just using the Raceme as a monitor but I already dumped 1200 on the raceme and I really don't want crazy tunes as I don't want to have to replace my Aisin as well LOL.

Any input is appreciated TIA.

2014 Ram 3500 Reg. Cab SLT [Cab & Chassis] ,FULLY deleted-RaceMe Ultra, Pusher 3.5 mega intake, S&B CAI, 4" straight exhaust.

2. Likes SyN, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: HE300VG To S300 Non VGT Tuning?

@DRD can you help him?

"The grass is greener where you water it"

4. Thanks 14C&C_Flat thanked for this post
    Likes 14C&C_Flat, SyN, watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTACUMMINS View Post
    @DRD can you help him?
    We could tune it so it doesnt throw codes, but not for any added power.

Ray,
    Double R Diesel

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, 14C&C_Flat, watersupply189 thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I apologize to all but im a total noob at all this VGT/Non VGT tuning for this tuning for that and it being a chassis cab has not helped at all LOL. Im not looking for any added power as stated.

I,:ve just been told I need a "custom tune" by shops in order to run the non VGT turbo whether that is true or not idk.

Not sure what that even really entails because as I said RaceMe says no special tuning is needed if just going to a larger non VGT turbo.

I'm almost to the point I may just keep the VGT due to it being such a hassle trying to figure out exactly what I need to do to make the non VGT work/run correctly.

I just want my truck to run good and tow good again.

2014 Ram 3500 Reg. Cab SLT [Cab & Chassis] ,FULLY deleted-RaceMe Ultra, Pusher 3.5 mega intake, S&B CAI, 4" straight exhaust.

8. Likes SyN, watersupply189 liked this post