Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exhaust tip

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Exhaust tip

Hey all,

I put a 5 inch FLO PRO TBE on my truck a few months ago and have been very happy with it. I have noticed recently that there has been some soot on my back bumper and rear quarter panel. I bought a 5 inch inlet/6 inch outlet MBRP exhaust tip and have had some figment issues as it seems to almost rub on the pinch weld right behind the mud flap. Any suggestions for getting the tip to sit further in and not be as close to the body of the truck? I have thought about turning the rear pipe, But looking for any other suggestions!

Thanks!

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Exhaust tip

Quote Originally Posted by laramiecummins View Post
    Hey all,

I put a 5 inch FLO PRO TBE on my truck a few months ago and have been very happy with it. I have noticed recently that there has been some soot on my back bumper and rear quarter panel. I bought a 5 inch inlet/6 inch outlet MBRP exhaust tip and have had some figment issues as it seems to almost rub on the pinch weld right behind the mud flap. Any suggestions for getting the tip to sit further in and not be as close to the body of the truck? I have thought about turning the rear pipe, But looking for any other suggestions!

Thanks!
    I put a 4” to 5” turn down pipe on mine because of the soot issues.

I used a lot of dish washing soap and elbow grease to get that sucker on!

Very tight fit.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Is your tip bottoming out on the tailpipe where it bends? (Not letting it slide up more)

I trimmed my tail pipe so I could have my tip tucked a bit more. Mine is right tight to pinch weld also (which is how I like it).

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Hey, it’s just hitting the pinch weld so it won’t slide back any more and it sticks out a bit further than I would like. I would like to turn the back pipe (not sure the proper name) so I could slide it a bit further back

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

The tip fits on the 5 inch exhaust but I’m just wondering how to get it past the pinch weld without having to turn the last section of pipe.

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

The tip fits on the 5 inch exhaust but I’m just wondering how to get it past the pinch weld without having to turn the last section of pipe.
    You may have to turn the tailpipe some to get clearances needed. I'm not really understanding the pinch weld. Is this weld in the tailpipe that stops the tip from going forward? If so can you cut the tailpipe beyond that weld, but yet leave enough to still slide the tip on and clamp good before the bend?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

10. Likes SyN, watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Maybe a Pic of the Issue?

2017 Bighorn (Delmonico Red & Chrome) CC-HD2500-4WD-6.7L-3:42w/Anti-Spin
    Oil: -SHELL- Rotella T6 5W-40 & T5 15W-40 combo w/LF16035
    68RFE/BW44-46/Power Steering: -Red Line- C+ ATF
    Frontend & Rearend: -Red Line- SAE GL-5 75W-90NS
    Many Small Mods: Interior & Exterior
    Mileage: 28,541

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    You may have to turn the tailpipe some to get clearances needed. I'm not really understanding the pinch weld. Is this weld in the tailpipe that stops the tip from going forward? If so can you cut the tailpipe beyond that weld, but yet leave enough to still slide the tip on and clamp good before the bend?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    Do this!

I did this by loosening clamp and turning it down a bit then trimmed about 5” off the tailpipe so you couldn’t see it in tip.

My tip is 6x18” for reference.

Attached Images Attached Images
    2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

14. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I am unable to post pictures as I don’t have a membership. I have already cut the tailpipe down to slide the tip in as fast as it will go. The pinch weld I am referring to is on the box just behind the mud flap. I think turning the tailpipe will be the only solution to the issue I am having unfortunately.

16. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  17. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

I am unable to post pictures as I don’t have a membership. I have already cut the tailpipe down to slide the tip in as fast as it will go. The pinch weld I am referring to is on the box just behind the mud flap. I think turning the tailpipe will be the only solution to the issue I am having unfortunately.
    Oh gotcha! I thought you were referring to the tailpipe itself.

LOL yeah just turn the pipe down a little to slide your tip all the way.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast