Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Manual to Power Seat Conversions?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Manual to Power Seat Conversions?

Looked but didn’t find a thread on here.

If there is point me in the right direction please.

So I just purchased the seats out of a 2018 3500 Big Horn, cloth power/heat with 60/40 armrest in the rear.

I own a 2017 3500 tradesman with manual everything trans/4x4/ and unfortunately the now uncomfortable manual seats.

My truck has the Aux switches with exhaust break, traction control, and park sensor ( shut up ) switch above the aux.

With all of that said has anybody done this conversion and would like to share?

I’m trying to make it a factory style conversion not cut and splice wires to a rocker switch that powers the seats craziness.

Are their specific OEM part numbers I’ll need or harness that can be made to own quality?

I've heard you can add the power with a $50 harness but to operate the heating feature it’s a lot more in depth and a lot more expensive.

I am not adding the heated steering wheel from the donor truck.

Thanks for any info or actual advice!

PS: xotic head studs are half the price and through a couple tests now have the same or slightly higher tensile strength than ARP 2000’s

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes Chrisn162001, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Manual to Power Seat Conversions?

Quote Originally Posted by Sick.7 View Post

So I just purchased the seats out of a 2018 3500 Big Horn, cloth power/heat with 60/40 armrest in the rear.

I own a 2017 3500 tradesman with manual everything trans/4x4/ and unfortunately the now uncomfortable manual seats.

My truck has the Aux switches with exhaust break, traction control, and park sensor ( shut up ) switch above the aux.

I’m trying to make it a factory style conversion not cut and splice wires to a rocker switch that powers the seats craziness.

Are their specific OEM part numbers I’ll need or harness that can be made to own quality?

I've heard you can add the power with a $50 harness but to operate the heating feature it’s a lot more in depth and a lot more expensive.

PS: xotic head studs are half the price and through a couple tests now have the same or slightly higher tensile strength than ARP 2000’s
    You are correct.

If it's like the third Gens, it's only a 12 ga power wire.

The ground is made under the seat.

You could, if your good at wiring, make your own connection for a few bucks.

I happen to be very good at electrical and make all my own accessories.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: Manual to Power Seat Conversions?

Quote Originally Posted by Sick.7 View Post

Any update on this?

I'm looking to do the same.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post