Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  8
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need To Replace My Drag Link

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Need To Replace My Drag Link

Has anyone had any luck having Chrysler reimburse them for replacing the drag link w/ the Synergy after the welded jam nut recall had been done?

2017 2500 Laramie: DRD Juiced, 5" TBE, Invisible EGR mod, BD Iron Horn 364sxe/1.0AR, 20x10 Hostile Sprockets, 33x12.50 General Grabber A/T, HID Conversion, Reverse Level 2" Drop CSS Rear Coils

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 6.7 Coal Train View Post
    Has anyone had any luck having Chrysler reimburse them for replacing the drag link w/ the Synergy after the welded jam nut recall had been done?
    Only heard of people on the internet getting that haven't seen one personally, and the people that got the reimbursement were before the weld v06 was available.

So to answer your question sadly no.

Mine is suppose to be replaced with part 68338342AD under W49 recall.

The problem is that part my dealer said is completely out of stock and doesn't know till when.

If I don't get that draglink by the time I get new tires just going to go with synergy.

Synergy Steering brace, Draglink, & Tie Rod, Thuren front leveling coils & Track bar, 5160 Bilstein Shocks, Banks CAI intake, LED everything, projector headlights, dieselfuelfilterkits, Steelcraft Line-x Door Sills, Elevation Front Bumper with Line-x Pro.

3. Thanks 6.7 Coal Train thanked for this post
  4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CDIJeff View Post
    Only heard of people on the internet getting that haven't seen one personally, and the people that got the reimbursement were before the weld v06 was available.

So to answer your question sadly no.

Mine is suppose to be replaced with part 68338342AD under W49 recall.

The problem is that part my dealer said is completely out of stock and doesn't know till when.

If I don't get that draglink by the time I get new tires just going to go with synergy.
    Was that after they had already welded the original factory one?

2017 2500 Laramie: DRD Juiced, 5" TBE, Invisible EGR mod, BD Iron Horn 364sxe/1.0AR, 20x10 Hostile Sprockets, 33x12.50 General Grabber A/T, HID Conversion, Reverse Level 2" Drop CSS Rear Coils

5. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 6.7 Coal Train View Post
    Was that after they had already welded the original factory one?
    No it was before I haven't heard of anyone getting reimbursement after the weld.

Synergy Steering brace, Draglink, & Tie Rod, Thuren front leveling coils & Track bar, 5160 Bilstein Shocks, Banks CAI intake, LED everything, projector headlights, dieselfuelfilterkits, Steelcraft Line-x Door Sills, Elevation Front Bumper with Line-x Pro.

6. Top Of Page | #15
    Permanent Vacation Chrisn162001's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CDIJeff View Post
    No it was before I haven't heard of anyone getting reimbursement after the weld.
    I did but I bought the truck with it welded.

I also work at a dealership and I called my area rep.

If you call FCA customer care and complain but don’t be a complete jerk you probably have a good chance for reimbursement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Thanks 6.7 Coal Train thanked for this post
    Likes 6.7 Coal Train liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisn162001 View Post
    I did but I bought the truck with it welded.

I also work at a dealership and I called my area rep.

If you call FCA customer care and complain but don’t be a complete jerk you probably have a good chance for reimbursement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'll try that, tomorrow since I got approved for the w49 recall with no update when the parts will be in stock.

Worst they will tell me no, best is I bother a vendor here for synergy draglink.

I'll also replace the tie rod while I am taking it apart.

9. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Called FCA, have an appointment with my Dealer next week.

Go from there to see what happens next.

10. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Have people have good luck replacing the old drag link with a 2019 one, part #68338342AD or do people just prefer the synergy?

I know the new drag link is a different style.

I have called multiple parts distributors and they tell me that they all prefer the OEM parts for 19 if you can get them.

They said the synergy wears out faster and doesn't feel as tight. Does anyone with experience with these feel the same or different?

11. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by travelingcummins View Post
    Have people have good luck replacing the old drag link with a 2019 one, part #68338342AD or do people just prefer the synergy?

I know the new drag link is a different style.

I have called multiple parts distributors and they tell me that they all prefer the OEM parts for 19 if you can get them.

They said the synergy wears out faster and doesn't feel as tight. Does anyone with experience with these feel the same or different?
    I also would like to know the answer to that, took my truck to the dealer for the recall they checked my drag link welds and told me tough luck all within spec.

Would really like to see a comparison of them side by side.

12. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Also curious about newer oem part. Anyone have experience with the kit from www.stor.dodgeoffroad.com?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast