Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: KING 2.5 RESI MOUNT OPTIONS

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

KING 2.5 RESI MOUNT OPTIONS

I will be driving to Bend Oregon this Tuesday and picking up Thuren's 2.25 coils, trac bar, sway bar links, steering stab.

I'm sorta at 40% 2.0 fox w resi and 60% king 2.5.

I have noticed some folks use a different resi mount for the king 2.5 to move it above the coils.

Is this a better location than the forward fender well location thuren uses?

I know Carli makes a resi mount, any other companies out there worth looking at?

Nevermind I thought due to older dodge trucks the resi got mounted forward, but I see now after pulling up Thuren instructions they are mounted up top like the FOX 2.0

Last edited by DIESELWRKS; 06-20-2020 at 04:41 PM. Reason: add
    2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: KING 2.5 RESI MOUNT OPTIONS

Reservoir mount location is personal preference from everything I've ever looked at.

Carli mounts the front reservoirs above the coils, which is where mine are located on my truck, the rears are piggyback.

A friend with King coils on her Ford has her reservoirs mounted on a bracket forward of the coilover and below the top of the coilover itself.

Go for whatever works for you.

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Thanks for the reply. Im fine w top mount. Is the Carli better? I was going to drive to bend this morning but glad I called cuz they are out of most things I was going to pick up. Last week they had stuff on shelves minus shocks. Glad I called saved me 3 hours of driving.

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DIESELWRKS View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Im fine w top mount. Is the Carli better? I was going to drive to bend this morning but glad I called cuz they are out of most things I was going to pick up. Last week they had stuff on shelves minus shocks. Glad I called saved me 3 hours of driving.
    I’m biased because I’ve had 2 Carli equipped trucks. So Carli gets my vote.

Honestly it’s a resi mount, I wouldn’t worry too much about the brand.

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post