Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  9

Thread: What Does 97K with Emissions Compliant Tuning Look Like?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

What Does 97K with Emissions Compliant Tuning Look Like?

Well, I finally found that horrid bump in these NJ roads and some unnecessary stuff fell off my truck.

So to start, I bought my truck brand new, (35 Miles) in Sept. of 16, and before Thanksgiving, I had the MM3 with @DRD tuning, with emissions compliant tuning.

I was around 7,000 miles at the time of my last updated revision, and at this point guessing, 3500 miles at initial tuning.

I tow pretty regularly, and I drive the truck daily. She has 3100 driving hours and 410 idle hours on the dash.

I found the engine to be very clean given everything was still there.

Here are pictures from evaluating all of the parts when inspection the truck after that horrid pothole, at 104,000 miles.

Although she runs even better than she did before I just have nothing but great things to say about the tuning.

List of problems related to tuning during this time:

NONE!!!!

Total List of problems with truck Lifetime:

Failed NOX Sensor - Warranty.

Failed wheel bearing 35K miles - Warranty.

Cracked coolant expansion tank - just happened parts on order.

1 set of injectors - possible bad fuel, had all receipts, Dealer warrantied @95K miles because of my documentation of fueling stops.

Failed Transmission - Cracked trans housing at 75K miles. Dealer Warrantied.

Right front axle u-joint - replaced at 65K miles. I did both because I had parts.

Long and short, if you don't want to delete, the Emissions compliant tuning is a great choice to keep the engine cleaner and last longer.

Attached Images Attached Images
    2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

2. Thanks SyN, DRD, watersupply189, Power247 thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: What does 97K miles on Emissions Compliant tuning look like?

Thank you for this great post!
    Still gives me a bit of hope - until that totally avoidable day when that unavoidable pot holes just pops up out of know where!

Sorry to hear about your run of bad luck and the loss of your valuable Stuff!

2017 Bighorn (Delmonico Red & Chrome) CC-HD2500-4WD-6.7L-3:42w/Anti-Spin
    Oil: -SHELL- Rotella T6 5W-40 & T5 15W-40 combo w/LF16035
    68RFE/BW44-46/Power Steering: -Red Line- C+ ATF
    Frontend & Rearend: -Red Line- SAE GL-5 75W-90NS
    Many Small Mods: Interior & Exterior
    Mileage: 28,541

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: What Does 97K with Emissions Compliant Tuning Look Like?

Quote Originally Posted by F350Cummins View Post
    Well, I finally found that horrid bump in these NJ roads and some unnecessary stuff fell off my truck.

So to start, I bought my truck brand new, (35 Miles) in Sept. of 16, and before Thanksgiving, I had the MM3 with @DRD tuning, with emissions compliant tuning.

I was around 7,000 miles at the time of my last updated revision, and at this point guessing, 3500 miles at initial tuning.

I tow pretty regularly, and I drive the truck daily. She has 3100 driving hours and 410 idle hours on the dash.

Here are pictures from evaluating all of the parts when inspection the truck after that horrid pothole, at 104,000 miles.

Although she runs even better than she did before I just have nothing but great things to say about the tuning.

NONE!!!!

1 set of injectors - possible bad fuel, had all receipts, Dealer warrantied @95K miles because of my documentation of fueling stops.

Right front axle u-joint - replaced at 65K miles. I did both because I had parts.

Long and short, if you don't want to delete, the Emissions compliant tuning is a great choice to keep the engine cleaner and last longer.
    Very nice! Thanks for sharing my friend!

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by F350Cummins View Post

NONE!!!!

Thanks for posting this.

That is pretty clean for the miles you have on it.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Re: What does 97K miles on Emissions Compliant tuning look like?

Quote Originally Posted by SyN View Post
    Thank you for this great post!
    Still gives me a bit of hope - until that totally avoidable day when that unavoidable pot holes just pops up out of know where!

Sorry to hear about your run of bad luck and the loss of your valuable Stuff!
    I kept warranty till it was done, and I am glad I did.

The trans at 75K would not have been covered if I hit that pothole sooner.

The injectors at 95K would not have been covered either.

Then again the fact every receipt since I bought the truck is in the truck with the mileage written on it, of when the fuel was purchased, may be what saved my *** too.

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

9. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I plan on doing the same with my warranty - the first week after it ends - DRD will get the call.

You give good advice to the practical owner!

2017 Bighorn (Delmonico Red & Chrome) CC-HD2500-4WD-6.7L-3:42w/Anti-Spin
    Oil: -SHELL- Rotella T6 5W-40 & T5 15W-40 combo w/LF16035
    68RFE/BW44-46/Power Steering: -Red Line- C+ ATF
    Frontend & Rearend: -Red Line- SAE GL-5 75W-90NS
    Many Small Mods: Interior & Exterior
    Mileage: 28,541

11. Likes watersupply189 liked this post