Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7

Thread: Batteries read at 0%, truck still runs fine

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Batteries read at 0%, truck still runs fine

Truck is a 2016 Ram 2500 6.7.

So last Saturday I changed my intake. As I was disconnecting my batteries like a good mechanic, my ratchet swung around and connected negative to positive. The sparks were amazing. Anyhow, I immediately removed ratchet, and checked the truck. Truck starts and runs like a champion. However, my voltage is at 11, my battery light is illuminated, and my truck says it’s in battery saver mode, and both my batteries read at 0%, (I had them checked at an auto store) and I’ve changed the alternator, and the cable connecting the battery to the alternator, which is actually what the ratchet connected to when the problem started.

I have no idea what to do now. Does anyone have any help with this?

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Batteries read at 0%, truck still runs fine

Did you have both batteries load tested and fully charged?

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

As I charge one battery, the other will drop from 100% to around 69% by the time the second battery says it’s at 100%. This happens with both batteries.

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Coreydhamm View Post
    As I charge one battery, the other will drop from 100% to around 69% by the time the second battery says it’s at 100%. This happens with both batteries.
    I would recommend having both batteries load tested individually.

If either one fails the load test I would replace both batteries.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

8. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Like stated above, have both batteries load tested separately.

If they are reading that kind a percentage I would just go ahead and replace both.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

10. Likes AK Bob, timshooter40 liked this post