Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  8

Thread: In Cab Lighting Upgraded Wanted

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

In Cab Lighting Upgraded Wanted

The 4th Gen lights were better than all the past Cummins I have had but still I'm looking for better LED lights for the map lights up front and the overhead light over the rear seats.

The kids in the car seats or in the seats they be getting away with to much and the little I think enjoy dropping everything on the floor, cab lighting is not great finding stuff on the floors etc.

Normally I would say you drop it, it stays but the 2 little are girls and are part drama demons.

I'm not looking for any crazy color just a cleaner brighter light.

Any decent full kits that are not going to be to much money.

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: In Cab Lighting Upgraded Wanted

If you're talking about the interior bulbs with a 194 Base these are the best bulbs I have personally found.

They change the name a bunch of times but mostly called High Powered Canbuss error-free LED T10.

For the rear dome mine took a 42mm bulb which I got off headlight revolution.

I did not get all my bulbs off of there as I was not happy with their selection of 194/T10 bulbs.

The color is a stock white 5500k-6000k color.

I have used these bulbs on every car I have owned as I have not found any other bulbs that have beat these in terms of light to size.

Synergy Steering brace, Draglink, & Tie Rod, Thuren front leveling coils & Track bar, 5160 Bilstein Shocks, Banks CAI intake, LED everything, projector headlights, dieselfuelfilterkits, Steelcraft Line-x Door Sills, Elevation Front Bumper with Line-x Pro.

4. Thanks DIESELWRKS, Jaxonsram thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Jaxonsram liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CDIJeff View Post
    If you're talking about the interior bulbs with a 194 Base these are the best bulbs I have personally found.

They change the name a bunch of times but mostly called High Powered Canbuss error-free LED T10.

For the rear dome mine took a 42mm bulb which I got off headlight revolution.

I did not get all my bulbs off of there as I was not happy with their selection of 194/T10 bulbs.

The color is a stock white 5500k-6000k color.

I have used these bulbs on every car I have owned as I have not found any other bulbs that have beat these in terms of light to size.

Thank you.

I will look into these.

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DIESELWRKS View Post
    Thank you.

I will look into these.
    I'm not sure how much effort you want to put into this but depending on your trim package you can plug and play the under seat lighting.

This illuminates the floor area like the front foot wells.

My tradesman did not have plug and play so I pulled power from source that comes on with dome/interior and put a strip under my rear seat.

It adds a good amount of light

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    I'm not sure how much effort you want to put into this but depending on your trim package you can plug and play the under seat lighting.

This illuminates the floor area like the front foot wells.

My tradesman did not have plug and play so I pulled power from source that comes on with dome/interior and put a strip under my rear seat.

It adds a good amount of light
    I am interested in extra LEDS, I believe I have the factory plug, have the 60/40 split and I also think there is a plug on that side.

What would I have to do to add them?

Synergy Steering brace, Draglink, & Tie Rod, Thuren front leveling coils & Track bar, 5160 Bilstein Shocks, Banks CAI intake, LED everything, projector headlights, dieselfuelfilterkits, Steelcraft Line-x Door Sills, Elevation Front Bumper with Line-x Pro.

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I have a similar connector but mine was a dummy (no wiring to it).

Here's a thread that should help you based on your model hopefully.

https://www.ramforumz.com/threads/re...lights.216443/

I used a "T" tap to my front footwell power wire, pushed the power wire under door trim to rear seat for my power.

I grounded on seat bolt. Light I used is the flex light.

ill have my phone back tomorrow so I can post a pic of my light output if it would help.

The factory lights are in the bottom of the seats themselves.

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Yeah, really like to see that setup.

I do not have the holes in my seat for the bezels to fit, and I am not cutting my seats.

Depending if mine has power Ill buy it.

Looks all I need is part 68217325AA cut the ends then wire into a led setup, if I really only need that wiring adapter might do something.

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post