Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: tire choices

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

tire choices

I have a 99 2500 5 spd and I do a lot of heavy hauling. I have a superchip stacked on edge comp box also. I was wondering if there is a tire that is able to withstand high torque and a heavy foot and heavy loads. I have nitto dura grappler right now. I have slacked on the rotating of the tire but I feel like i should still be getting a little more life out of them. the fronts are good but the backs seem to be wearing just a tad bit more. havent it the wear bars yet. have about 15000 on the set.

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Terra grapplers are nice and the new general grabber at2 works well

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I'm running Hankook dynapro A/Ts. 35". I have had nothing but good luck with these. They are not very good mud tires but get great traction in snow and ice. They have held up great while towing and hauling. If you get the 10 ply they are unstoppable.

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hank Rotering View Post
    I have a 99 2500 5 spd and I do a lot of heavy hauling. I have a superchip stacked on edge comp box also. I was wondering if there is a tire that is able to withstand high torque and a heavy foot and heavy loads. I have nitto dura grappler right now. I have slacked on the rotating of the tire but I feel like i should still be getting a little more life out of them. the fronts are good but the backs seem to be wearing just a tad bit more. havent it the wear bars yet. have about 15000 on the set.
    is this the same tire your talking about Hank?

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

having good luck with the dick cepek fun country

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I second the FCII! I just made 577/1132 on the dyno and I still tow a 12k trailer with the truck!