Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  17

Thread: Don't Buy Aftermarket Fan Clutches!

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Don't Buy Aftermarket Fan Clutches!

Replaced my original fan clutch with a Napa aftermarket on Saturday in a pinch.

It is now Thursday and its failed as well. It was faulty out of the box since it almost always stayed locked now it doesn't spin enough to cool my condenser down.

I should have been smart and just ordered from @Geno's Garage, which I did now along with the fan wrench set, unfortunately the clutch is on back order.

So no A/c for a while, sorry for the random post i had to vent to someone.

Spend the extra $$$ and buy Mopar always.

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: Don't Buy Aftermarket Fan Clutches!

Everyones been there .... 'VENT AWAY' Friend

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

3. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, timshooter40, SyN liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Vent away buddy!

We will listen.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

5. Likes timshooter40, SyN liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I understand 100%!

I myself thought I was really smart at some point in my life & experienced situations just as this!
    Good thing is after about 37 yrs my Ego finally fell out of my shorts & realized why not just spend the few extra $$$ & just do it right the first time with OEM...

Honestly - I stopped going into our local Napa - Many Many years ago! Saved me alot of

Now - I still attempt to plan ahead and anticipate failure and just buy the parts a year or 2 ahead of time - If Possible! (Most situations I'm always caught with my head up my $#@!) ---> This is what old age will do to you!

Sux about no A/C - Hope ya get things back to normal soon!

2017 Bighorn (Delmonico Red & Chrome) CC-HD2500-4WD-6.7L-3:42w/Anti-Spin
    Oil: -SHELL- Rotella T6 5W-40 & T5 15W-40 combo w/LF16035
    68RFE/BW44-46/Power Steering: -Red Line- C+ ATF
    Frontend & Rearend: -Red Line- SAE GL-5 75W-90NS
    Many Small Mods: Interior & Exterior
    Mileage: 28,541

7. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

What's that old saying ?????

To be old and wise ...
    You must be young and dumb first !

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

9. Likes watersupply189, SyN liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I hate that for you!

Alternators too!

One of my other vehicles Acura TSX alternator went out and it took 2 from Oriley to fail before the 3rd worked.

Luckily it is an easy swap on that car!

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

11. Likes watersupply189, SyN liked this post