Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  14

Thread: 2008 68RFE P0841 Code?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

2008 68RFE P0841 Code?

Ok guys ive got a 07.5 3550 with 325500k and a 68RFE. A week ago i got the p0750 code for the shift solenoid. I did all the resistance testing and volt testing and determined it was the solenoid pack. So i changed the solenoid pack, fluid, and filters. That code never came back but a low voltage code came up after that.... i checked all the wires from the pcm to the tipm. Thought it was a relay in the tipm ao i by passed the tipm relay with my own relay... low voltage code went away but now i had a high voltage code !!! Soooo i put everything back to factory like it was before i by passed the solenoid.. no more high voltage code ... drove it for a day the i get a p0841 code !!!! Thought maybe the filter came loose so i dropped the pan again. My stupid mistake ..i left the old filter neck seal in. So i think i got it now by putting 1 good seal in .... drove it a 15 miles ... its back It doesnt come on after its cleared at any certain time. R N D it doesnt matter. It just randomly comes on. Sometimes i have to clear it with my mini maxx tuner other times i can just put it in park shut the truck off. Turn it back on and its fine .. i dont know what to do ... P.C.M. ??? Wireing? Im lost

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, timshooter40 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

2008 68RFE P0841 Code?

Quote Originally Posted by Pochek1 View Post
    Ok guys ive got a 07.5 3550 with 325500k and a 68RFE. A week ago i got the p0750 code for the shift solenoid. I did all the resistance testing and volt testing and determined it was the solenoid pack. So i changed the solenoid pack, fluid, and filters. That code never came back but a low voltage code came up after that.... i checked all the wires from the pcm to the tipm. Thought it was a relay in the tipm ao i by passed the tipm relay with my own relay... low voltage code went away but now i had a high voltage code !!! Soooo i put everything back to factory like it was before i by passed the solenoid.. no more high voltage code ... drove it for a day the i get a p0841 code !!!! Thought maybe the filter came loose so i dropped the pan again. My stupid mistake ..i left the old filter neck seal in. So i think i got it now by putting 1 good seal in .... drove it a 15 miles ... its back It doesnt come on after its cleared at any certain time. R N D it doesnt matter. It just randomly comes on. Sometimes i have to clear it with my mini maxx tuner other times i can just put it in park shut the truck off. Turn it back on and its fine .. i dont know what to do ... P.C.M. ??? Wireing? Im lost
    How long have you had the mini max and where did you get it?

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, timshooter40 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

2008 68RFE P0841 Code?

Had it for 7 years or more. Came with the truck

6. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, timshooter40 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

2008 68RFE P0841 Code?

Quote Originally Posted by Pochek1 View Post
    Welcome friend

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

8. Likes AK Bob, timshooter40 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

2008 68RFE P0841 Code?

Welcome!

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

10. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

2008 68RFE P0841 Code?

2016 Ram 2500 CCSB 4X4 ,Cat fuel filter delete with water seperator. Thuren suspension
    with Fox IFP shocks, thuren sway bar, rear track bar and front track bar, Warn 12k winch , custom winch mount, REVMAX trans pan,HD valve body and thermal bypas. Leer truck topper,Exotic head studs, Engine enhancements by the cummins whisper.

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post