Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Leaf Spring Alignment Clamp

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Leaf Spring Alignment Clamp

Not sure where to start.

I have a 2014 mega SRW 3500. I tow a 38’ Keystone Fuzion toyhauler.

I bought the truck new in 2014.

It was in 2017 I was in a accident where had to pull into the ditch and stop completely trying to avoid being side swiped by an oncoming driver drifting into my lane.

He still hit me and basically smashed the drivers side of my truck from bumper to bumper. $16k in damage after all was tallied.

Part of what was replaced was my rear axle as it was torked a bit at the wheel.

Repair was great and you probably could not see evidence now of the accident if I did not have pictures and matching vin. LOL.

All that to say on my passenger rear leaf spring, I noticed the clip that holds the springs in alignment has opened up.

The springs are still aligned that I can tell. Last summer I felt like I had some extra movement pulling my camper in Colorado.

I contributed that to having new tires and not having enough air pressure in the front.

I don’t know when the clip opened up, really if it is effecting my driving empty, but I feel like it should be replaced.

What options are out there? Is there another term I should be using to find the parts?

I have only found clips on a off road website and at that not sure what they have is what I might need.

Any direction is welcome.

Should I be more concerned than I have been? LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Leaf Spring Alignment Clamp

Did they replace the leaf pack in the accident.

If so they should be finding you the piece.

I know my insurance when i have a repair the repair is covered by lifetime, 5 year or 10 year if its dealing with rust etc.

Other then that go and get a price and part number from the dealership.

Then take that and fine a replacement online. or you can make your own with u-bolts and steel plate.

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

4. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post