Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  17
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RaceME Ultra Question

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

RaceME Ultra Question

So when I installed the programmer it said do not remove any hard parts until you have run the programmer.

I’m just wondering if I want to re program the truck to my desired power options so I don’t have to use RT with every key on, do I have to put any hard parts back on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes watersupply189, Thomas1960 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: RaceME Ultra Question

No. But if you have your stock (emissions on) file saved to your unit and the programmer cannot complete the flashing process, it will usually try to reboot that stock file if memory serves correct (please anyone correct me if I'm wrong).

No big deal unless this is your only way to get from A to B.

If your programmer is working fine and your batteries are good and charged then you should have no issues with the flashing process.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

4. Likes watersupply189, Thomas1960 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

In my excitement of putting the programmer in I didn’t even check to see if it had a save stock file button, does it do that automatically? It should have saved it somewhere I assume? Probably a good idea to save a copy of that sd card on my pc as well too eh?

6. Likes watersupply189, Thomas1960 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

So in other words if it fails the flash i would then need to install my stock parts to get the truck back on? Would that require me going to dealer as well?

8. Likes watersupply189, Thomas1960 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

They say do a flash to make sure the file saves. If the file saves correctly then you can remove hard parts and the new files will provide the computer with the information needed not to throw a CEL.

If you remove the hard parts and flash the truck but the flash fails your stock file remains on the truck and throws codes for the components now missing that it is trying to read.

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

10. Thanks Thomas1960 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, Thomas1960 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Im sorry I may be a little confused myself. It sounds like you haven't flashed your truck at all correct? If not, click your ecm button and hit "get stock file". If your flash fails then the tuner will reboot your stock file so no dealer is required. If for whatever reason your stock file does not reupload correctly, unplug the batteries for a half hour and try turning the truck on again

12. Thanks watersupply189, Thomas1960 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

No, I already flashed but I didn’t go in and push the button (get stock file for truck) so beings I flashed without doing that, am I screwed for putting the truck back to stock? Or did the programmer make a stock file when I flashed it?
    And the other question was, say something goes wrong during a flash and the programmer returns my truck to stock, wouldn’t that instantly put it into a limp mode or a cel saying see dealer now or something before I put the stock exhaust back on?
    I dunno, I’m just scared to flash it now because I really do not want to pay a dealer to fix it if something happens. That’s the reason for getting the exhaust deleted because I just got done with a see dealer now and and countdown till limp mode and I was lucky and was under warranty by 2k miles and it was a $1000 dollar sensor that went bad. Why would I pay that overpriced bs instead of deleting LOL.

14. Thanks Thomas1960 thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

So the truck is flashed and deleted and I did it with all the default settings as far as the powel level, RP, Turbo Spool, and Timing. And im playing around with different combos with the Real Time option, So when I end finding the settings combo I want to stick with for my every day driving I would like to re flash to that setup so I dont have to run it with Real Time settings loading with every start. So thats what brought me to my first question. Im sorry I wasnt more clear, after going back and reading my posts I can see why its confusing. But I am a little worried now beings I didnt save stock file for truck before flashing.

16. Thanks Thomas1960 thanked for this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

In the end I wouldn't worry too much about it. The only way it may be a hindrance is if you need to revert back for testing. As for if it automatically saves a stock file, I'm sorry but I don't believe it does (once again could be very wrong I'm a bit out of my experience field on this one). Once again though, worst comes to worse a dealership can flash your truck to stock if you must have it, you can save the stock file, and then tune away. Don't sweat too hard though man just like anything else, it can be fixed. Also if you want to grab some custom tunes in the future, most shops only require a VIN and they can shoot over new tunes and have a stock file on hand for you as well.

18. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Well I want to be able to return the truck to stock for warranty work, I have a 10 year 120k extended warranty and if something goes wrong I should be able to put stock exhaust back on and be ok? That’s why I didn’t delete the egr stuff under the hood yet

20. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast