Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  17
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dead in the water

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Dead in the water

I have in fact plugged my code reader into the obd2 to test it and it worked as it should. I Think im going to pick up a new micro USB cable this morning and see if maybe thats not the issue. Thanks for taking the time to reply i sure appreciate it.

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

By chance is the controller under the dash the old style with the guide pins between the two halves? If so, remove the pins for a better connection. Also, I would plug it into another vehicle and see if it powers up. On a buddies truck we had to zip tie the usb to the controller tab to maintain a good connection. Otherwise you may need to return it for a new one. Sorry for your troubles... you must have my kind of luck.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

4. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

are you turning the key to the run position? the accessory position wont work, it has to be on run position to power on. Also ive heard that the micro usb cable can be put in upside down fairly easy, this is the one that connects the screen to the box module. might check that?

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

I had these pins in mine also and they made it to where the 2 halfs wouldnt go together at all so I removed them like you said.

Then went together fine.

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Just want to say thank you to all those who tried to help me out, much much appreciated!. I managed to get it figured out this weekend. It was actually the alignment pins in the com module not allowing the connection to seat all the way. After removing the pins and reconnecting it worked just like it should. Thanks again everyone!

10. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12