Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  17
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dead in the water

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Dead in the water

Hey forumgoers! I just recieved my race me ultra and began the install. I hooked everything up/made all connections per instructions but when I cycled key on after install I cannot get the ultra/screen to come on at all...... I have checked and rechecked connections as well as checking the fuse for the obd2 and all is good from what I can tell. if anyone has had similar issues or can help in anyway it would be very very much appreciated! TIA

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Dead in the water

does that unit have a switch on the odb part truck or batt? is there a power and ground you hook into the fuse box ? just checkin

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Thank you for the reply Digger. There is no buttons or switches of any kind that I can find on the screen unit or communication module. From what I understand according to the instructions from raceme is when the key is cycled on the screen should come on and all functions are controlled by touchscreen. This is a brand new unit directly from raceme which is what has me baffled with why it is not working.

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Forget to answer about pwr and grnd srry. No separate power and ground on the unit. Just unlock cable and od2

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I had a similar issue with with my MM3 (I think the hardware is basically the same as RaceMe). My issue was in the obd connection. My truck was brand new at the time but a pulled the plug out and pushed all the connector pins in good from the back of the obd port and that fixed mine. Give that a shot.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2018 2500, 6.7 Cummins, black, stock drive train, Carli 2.5 leveling kit, 18x9 Method Nv wheels, Cooper AT3 XLT, 68RFE, DRD delete tuning

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Thanks niteghost! I will give that a try. I did plug in my code reader my obd to see if it would boot up and it did so im not sure its a connector pin issue but at this point ill try anything. Thanks again!

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Removed OBD2 plug and pushed connectors in even doing so as I plugged the race me back into the OBD.

Still nothing.

I would like to add for future replies that i also checked the fuse for the OBD port as well and the fuse is good.

Thanks again for the idea niteghost I appreciate it!

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

No problem.

Is your RaceME brand new?

You may just have some bad hardware.

It's a rare occurrence but it can happen.

One of the cables could be bad.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2018 2500, 6.7 Cummins, black, stock drive train, Carli 2.5 leveling kit, 18x9 Method Nv wheels, Cooper AT3 XLT, 68RFE, DRD delete tuning

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Yes its a brand new unit directly from RaceME.

They were out of stock when I ordered so put in a pre-order and finally got one over a month later and now here I am with most likely a faulty unit/cord etc smh.

18. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 14C&C_Flat View Post
    Yes its a brand new unit directly from RaceME.

They were out of stock when I ordered so put in a pre-order and finally got one over a month later and now here I am with most likely a faulty unit/cord etc smh.
    If I missed it in your posts I'm sorry but have you tried hooking another OBD source to your truck to make sure your OBD port isn't bad?

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

20. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast