Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  7

Thread: Just installed BD protect 68 and need advice

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Just installed BD protect 68 and need advice

Hey y'all I just finished installing the bd protect 68 kit, thermal bypass, and deep pan with the addition of the electronic pressure control module inline to the map sensor, i was told by BD that i need to have a "quick learn" procedure done to reset the clutch values, i do not own an automotive scanner that will perform this procedure at the moment but am looking to purchase one, do any of y'all know of a good scanner that i can buy that will do this without breaking the bank? Any advice is much appreciated! Thanks

2. Likes watersupply189, SyN liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Just installed BD protect 68 and need advice

Also adding to my first post ,how critical is it to perform a quick learn after removing the valve body and making pressure modifications and such? Just curious as to whether I should even attempt to take her out for a drive and if it will hurt my transmission even if I baby her and keep my foot out of it ??

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by C-MAN View Post
    Also adding to my first post ,how critical is it to perform a quick learn after removing the valve body and making pressure modifications and such? Just curious as to whether I should even attempt to take her out for a drive and if it will hurt my transmission even if I baby her and keep my foot out of it ??
    Keep it below 50% throttle ideally 30 %ish- drive neighborhood/city if possible for 50-100 Miles.

The relearn is from shifting gears so the more you up and downshift through multiple gears the faster it will be learned.

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Thanks C-MAN, DDP thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, DDP, SyN liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I would just pay someone at an automotive or transmission shop to reset the values for you.

No point in buying a scan tool just for this.

The cheap ones are junk and the good ones are $$$.

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post