Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  6

Thread: Loss of Exhaust Brake

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Loss of Exhaust Brake

Hello everyone I'm new to this type of forum and this is my first post.

I have a 2014 Ram 2500 6.7 and I have lost the jake brake.

The turbo meter (factory on instrument panel ) shows power being produced by turbo but when I let off the gas pedal ... jake not working, even though it feels like it wants to kick in.

I have after market exhaust and a GDP Tuner.

I replaced the EBP sensor and checked the tube for exhaust build up, wasn't bad!

It also threw the code U010C.

What would be the next step to trouble shoot?

I think the wires leading from the EBP sensor lead to the electronic actuator on top of the turbo... not real sure about what the part is called, but if it is the actuator can I simply purchase a new one and replace it without having to do anything else?

Thanks for any assistance and or advise you can provide

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Loss of Exhaust Brake

Quote Originally Posted by Jwteam8 View Post
    Hello everyone I'm new to this type of forum and this is my first post.

I have a 2014 Ram 2500 6.7 and I have lost the jake brake.

The turbo meter (factory on instrument panel ) shows power being produced by turbo but when I let off the gas pedal ... jake not working, even though it feels like it wants to kick in.

I have after market exhaust and a GDP Tuner.

I replaced the EBP sensor and checked the tube for exhaust build up, wasn't bad!

It also threw the code U010C.

What would be the next step to trouble shoot?

I think the wires leading from the EBP sensor lead to the electronic actuator on top of the turbo... not real sure about what the part is called, but if it is the actuator can I simply purchase a new one and replace it without having to do anything else?

Thanks for any assistance and or advise you can provide
    Welcome friend!! It’s called an exhaust brake not a jake brake. Our trucks do not have jakes. If it’s your actuator giving problems we have a vendor on here Geno’s garage that sells the city actuator that doesn’t need to be recalibrated.
    Check your electrical connections to make sure they are clean and set firmly. I’m sure others will chime in here in a bit. Again welcome to the forum!

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

4. Likes AK Bob liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Thanks for the response.
    Yes, I know it isn't a Jake brake but it's easier and faster to to type and most know what is being referenced when the term or name Jake Brake is being used.
    Please tell me how I would find the info for Geno's... I will give hem a call if it boils down to that part being replaced.
    Thanks again!

6. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jwteam8 View Post
    Thanks for the response.
    Yes, I know it isn't a Jake brake but it's easier and faster to to type and most know what is being referenced when the term or name Jake Brake is being used.
    Please tell me how I would find the info for Geno's... I will give hem a call if it boils down to that part being replaced.
    Thanks again!
    PM Sent as we sell the City Diesel actuator's as well.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post