Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  12

Thread: Carli Suspension Level 2.5 or 3 inch Lift

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Carli Suspension Level 2.5 or 3 inch Lift

I have a 2019 Ram 2500 Crew Cab, vehicle usage will be as follows:

1. 30% towing - 30 foot boat trailer, weight about 9500lbs
    2. 30% Overlanding - Bed rack, spare, steel bumpers, gear, etc... about 1000lbs - rock, mud, snow, fire trails, not the Rubicon Trail but I wont shy away from driving it off road and I also will not haul *** and jump the truck either.
    3. 40% Daily Driving - Highway, town, etc..

I am leaning heavily on the Carli Suspension 2.5 level kit with front springs, King Shocks, front sway, fabricated radius arms and it retains the factory rear springs.

However, I am second guessing and thinking the 3 inch with kings and "plus two" rear coil springs may be better. I understand with the plus two rear springs I will gain an extra inch in the back and the truck will have a slight rake to it versus the springs that come with the kit. Assume this will help to be level with weight?

I am trying to limit *** low when towing and overlanding as much as possible, I do not want air bags at all. Which way would you go?

Thanks!

2. Thanks watersupply189, AnOldBiker thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AnOldBiker liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Carli Suspension Level 2.5 or 3 inch Lift

Quote Originally Posted by SgtOsiriss View Post

2. 30% Overlanding - Bed rack, spare, steel bumpers, gear, etc... about 1000lbs - rock, mud, snow, fire trails, not the Rubicon Trail but I wont shy away from driving it off road and I also will not haul *** and jump the truck either.

I am leaning heavily on the Carli Suspension 2.5 level kit with front springs, King Shocks, front sway, fabricated radius arms and it retains the factory rear springs.

However, I am second guessing and thinking the 3 inch with kings and "plus two" rear coil springs may be better. I understand with the plus two rear springs I will gain an extra inch in the back and the truck will have a slight rake to it versus the springs that come with the kit. Assume this will help to be level with weight?

I am trying to limit *** low when towing and overlanding as much as possible, I do not want air bags at all. Which way would you go?

Thanks!
    Welcome friend!!

I like the level look personally the 2.5 is what I would choose.

I know others will chime in shortly on this.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

4. Likes AnOldBiker liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Call @CJC Off Road and they will hook you up.

They have probably the most experience with carli lifts.

I have a 17 3500 with factory air assist and I have the carli 3.25 pintop kit.

It's awesome.

Does not ride like a One ton at all.

6. Likes AnOldBiker, watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I've had 2 trucks on the 3.25" lift.

My current one is on their Pintop setup. Just know that with the 3.25" kits you will lose 15% of your towing & payload capacities.

That said, either option is a viable choice, just depends on how high you want to be/what size tire you want.

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

10. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Check out CJC Off Roads YouTube channel they have a ton of videos breaking it all down.

I was originally going to get the 2.5 level kit but they talked me out of it cause I off-road for hunting and dunes etc, they said the 2.5 level is great but rear travel is limited, and because you keep the factory rear coil it can't keep up with the front.

From what you described with 30% overland I don't think the 2.5 level would be a option cause rear travel will be stock.

Def hit up @CJC Off Road.

They are awesome, I actually just ordered my 3.25" kit last night with wheels and tires.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SgtOsiriss View Post

Thanks!
    For towing I'd do the leveling kit.

By rock, do you mean gravel roads?

If you go 3" it'll take 37's to not look ridiculously small.

We're a Carli dealer and are willing to help if you need it.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Check out @CJC Off Road website and YouTube channel like a few guys above have stated.

They have a ton of info on there and I have learned from.

I am between the 2.5" leveling kit and the pintop kit myself.

I am leaning towards the 2.5" because I don't want to lose any payload if I have to do rear springs.

Hope this helps.

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post