Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Controversial programmer topic

1. Top Of Page | #21
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

You may need to upgrade clutch in the future, depending on how weak yours is will determine the setting you run.

2. Top Of Page | #22
    Instagram Manager IG Operations's Avatar

User Info Menu

Controversial programmer topic

Well honestly ill be running it on a low setting... I can't NOT afford a clutch right now

Tag us @ #igotacummins_com to have your photos reposted.

3. Top Of Page | #23
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Anyone ever looked into efi live?

4. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

The TST Powermax increases fuel rail pressure on a common rail and is very dangerous unless you know what you doing,Most of the time you need a lift pump to get the full power for that reason. I run one on my 05 and like it but be careful.

5. Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #25
    Instagram Manager IG Operations's Avatar

User Info Menu

Well I have a 2000. So efi isn't out or I would've. Wurx would you recommend smarty sr or TST for my 2000 5 speed

Tag us @ #igotacummins_com to have your photos reposted.

7. Top Of Page | #26
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

OP doesn't have a commonrail. VP trucks will never have EFILIVE.

That said, smarty is very expensive for the power gains. A wiretap box is a better value for your dollar. Do you have an aftermarket lift pump?

8. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

I went with the Quadzilla. It's a tap in like mentioned. No programming of the ECU. With it turned up, it kicks butt. But you do need the ECU on the engine. 2000 is covered with that. I'm trying to remember, but it seems to me the 24V first came out with a VP44. I could be wrong. There was a hello a difference between the 12 and 24V though.

9. Top Of Page | #28
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quadzilla is a bit different between VP44 and commonrail trucks. That said, I love my adrenaline on my VP truck.

Yes, 98.5-02 24Vs are VP44 trucks.

10. Top Of Page | #29
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Re: Controversial programmer topic

Op I have the quadzilla adr with the timing off, a smarty setting on lvl 8 and a van akken for timing, all on a stock hd clutch from oreilly... not saying that it holds all the power but it does good until you lay into it in 4th or 5th then it slips but turn the quad down a few lvls and its good. Hope this helps you out! Also for what its worth the smarty only adds 65 hp or so max

11. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

I remember the big arguements over the smarty and H & S on the 6.7. What a nightmare! Got booted of a forum for telling the truth. Turned out I was right all along.

And so far, everyone has a quadzilla. Interesting. I remember when they were the only tuner you could get for the VP's and early common rails. I think they have been around the longest

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast