Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  16

Thread: New Transmission Needed?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

New Transmission Needed?

Got a problem with my 2015 2500.

84000 miles and tuned with Ray's tunes for about 40000 of those miles.

I've never towed anything heavier than 5 dirtbikes at any time and I've never driven this truck hard --I actually drive like Grandma.

The transmission started acting like it was slipping and the shifts have a lot of flare.

When I put the truck in gear -- drive or reverse -- it would actually not go into gear until I applied a few rpms.

I checked the fluid and added about 1 pint and it actually goes into gear correctly now but when I drove it at highway speed the flare/slippage was excessive and it threw the PO 933 and the PO 935 codes.

I'm in Colorado helping a friend so I'm about 1650 miles from home and I'm surely not gonna try to limp this thing home. I'm gonna go see a local transmission shop this am and see what he says.

So I guess I'm asking the group if it looks like I'm about to buy a transmission and if so which transmission.

I just mentioned to a friend the other day how much I really disliked this transmission and the way it shifts so I guess Karma must have been listening.

If I do need a transmission I want to get rid if the shift flare too if possible.

Revmax trans and low stall converter? BD Trans? Ats? Suncoast?

And BTW -- I have all of the hp settings -- 30 through 200.

Never been past 120 and only there a hundred miles or so just checking fuel mileage. Almost always on 90 hp setting.

Any help will be appreciated.

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: New Transmission Needed?

Let's ask @DRD and get their advice friend.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

4. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by exphoneman View Post

I've never towed anything heavier than 5 dirtbikes at any time and I've never driven this truck hard --I actually drive like Grandma.

The transmission started acting like it was slipping and the shifts have a lot of flare.

When I put the truck in gear -- drive or reverse -- it would actually not go into gear until I applied a few rpms.

I checked the fluid and added about 1 pint and it actually goes into gear correctly now but when I drove it at highway speed the flare/slippage was excessive and it threw the PO 933 and the PO 935 codes.

I'm in Colorado helping a friend so I'm about 1650 miles from home and I'm surely not gonna try to limp this thing home. I'm gonna go see a local transmission shop this am and see what he says.

So I guess I'm asking the group if it looks like I'm about to buy a transmission and if so which transmission.

I just mentioned to a friend the other day how much I really disliked this transmission and the way it shifts so I guess Karma must have been listening.

If I do need a transmission I want to get rid if the shift flare too if possible.

Never been past 120 and only there a hundred miles or so just checking fuel mileage. Almost always on 90 hp setting.

That is a problem with the line pressure sensor on the transmission and it can lead to total transmission failure unfortunately.

Without proper input from that sensor, the transmission cannot properly raise line pressure and will eventually cause the clutch packs to slip excessively and fail.

The truck needs to see the trans shop asap.

With regards to an aftermarket transmission solution, definitely go with Revmax.

Email my friend Tom over there at tom@revmaxconverters.com for details.

Ray,
    Double R Diesel

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Lopie, RamIt, watersupply189 thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Thanks Ray.

I'll be going to the local transmission shop shortly.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, DRD, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, DRD, watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by exphoneman View Post

I recommend RevMax, Suncoast and Randy's. RevMax is based in Charlotte, NC so they're relatively local to you.

PM me if you have any questions.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

10. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, Mdavlee liked this post