Likes Likes:  66
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: “Bulletproof 68” from Nextgen Diesel

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: “Bulletproof 68” from Nextgen Diesel

Quote Originally Posted by rkf63k10 View Post
    I ordered an ATS kit.

Comes with all the accumulator pistons seals, accumulator plate, separator plate and gaskets.

The kit was released from them not too long ago.

I went with them because I can still use a stock pan.
    Yeah that must be really new, and also seems they released their own version of a billet channel plate.

I still don't like the ATS three separator plate design, not saying it's bad I just don't like it compared to the bonded.

Also a reason I went with DNJ over Revmax was, Revmax needed a different pan and you couldn't run with stock line pressure.

I was going to buy ATS accumulator plate, however the one on their website now is a new design same as Sonnax with the extra screw holes.
    The old design didn't have those extra holes & was always out of stock.

In all can't go wrong with any of them all about preference.

Synergy Steering brace, Draglink, & Tie Rod, Thuren front leveling coils & Track bar, 5160 Bilstein Shocks, Banks CAI intake, LED everything, projector headlights, dieselfuelfilterkits, Steelcraft Line-x Door Sills, Elevation Front Bumper with Line-x Pro.

2. Likes SyN, timshooter40 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Last bit of information I forgot to add, for my 2018 when I reconnected my valve body the truck said trans was not in park.

This may happen to other years but I am not sure.

You just have to shift to every gear then back to park, truck will register that the valve body is reconnected.

Then to use quick learn on Alfa OBD which is under start go to function then engine.

Diesel Cummins MY2013-17. Then go to Active Quicklearn RFE.
    (This will not work if you have a check engine light I think)

Synergy Steering brace, Draglink, & Tie Rod, Thuren front leveling coils & Track bar, 5160 Bilstein Shocks, Banks CAI intake, LED everything, projector headlights, dieselfuelfilterkits, Steelcraft Line-x Door Sills, Elevation Front Bumper with Line-x Pro.

4. Likes SyN, timshooter40 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23
    Permanent Vacation Chrisn162001's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CDIJeff View Post
    Last bit of information I forgot to add, for my 2018 when I reconnected my valve body the truck said trans was not in park.

This may happen to other years but I am not sure.

You just have to shift to every gear then back to park, truck will register that the valve body is reconnected.

Then to use quick learn on Alfa OBD which is under start go to function then engine.

Diesel Cummins MY2013-17. Then go to Active Quicklearn RFE.
    (This will not work if you have a check engine light I think)
    The out of park issue is because you didn’t line up the range selector to the linkage correctly before reinstalling the valve body.

You got lucky you didn’t break the linkage inside the trans by shifting through the gears.

Should have droped the valve body and align the shift rod to the valve body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes timshooter40 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisn162001 View Post
    The out of park issue is because you didn’t line up the range selector to the linkage correctly before reinstalling the valve body.

You got lucky you didn’t break the linkage inside the trans by shifting through the gears.

Should have droped the valve body and align the shift rod to the valve body.

If your talking about this piece I made sure that it was completely aligned and put it back the same way it came out, even stuck my phone up there to get a photo to make sure it was fully seated.

For some reason even when the connector was plugged back in just kept saying out of park until I went from drive to park.

GS.jpg

8. Likes timshooter40 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #25
    Permanent Vacation Chrisn162001's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CDIJeff View Post
    If your talking about this piece I made sure that it was completely aligned and put put it back the same way it came out, even stuck my phone up there to get a photo to make sure it was fully seated.

For some reason even when the connector was plugged back in just kept saying out of park until I went from drive to park.

GS.jpg
    Gotcha.

Maybe the range sensor moved a hair while lining up the valve body.

I’ve just seen a lot of techs customers etc break the pin and wanted to make sure people check to make sure it’s seated before moving the shifter if it shows not in park.

That pin breaks the whole trans comes apart to replace the shift rod it’s not fun LOL.

10. Likes timshooter40 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisn162001 View Post
    Gotcha.

Maybe the range sensor moved a hair while lining up the valve body.

I’ve just seen a lot of techs customers etc break the pin and wanted to make sure people check to make sure it’s seated before moving the shifter if it shows not in park.

That pin breaks the whole trans comes apart to replace the shift rod it’s not fun LOL.

I read that when I was looking up the install instructions.

I don't plan on touching the valve body again or any part of the trans except fluid and filters.

If anything breaks, off to the garage/rebuilder it goes.

Maybe I can get a builder to give me a slight discount as I already have the DNJ plate & deep pan if the trans goes.

12. Likes timshooter40 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

Couldn't take that I didn't get the accumulator plate perfect.

Got a true built one done by a transmission shop with ever billet option, they wouldn't take my DNJ as a core.

So now I have a extra DNJ plate, shifter solenoid & bullet accumulator pistons, I'll throw them on the for sale section in a bit.

At least now I don't have to ever worry about that failing.

14. Likes Lopie, Abgunnar, timshooter40 liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123