Quote Originally Posted by SyN View Post
Why in the Bloody Heck would FCA choose to use Plastic Accumulator pistons (Assuming this is whats going on within the 2nd picture)? Cost Savings?

I need to brush up on my 68RFE knowledge - but I'm afraid the more I learn the more concerns I will have and the anxiety level will go through the roof as its already beginning to swell...

I know Its all probably for nothing due - to I drive like a civilized human being & will have diligent maintenance with my 68RFE - But I know well enough that - this don't guarantee long trouble free life...

I've always been a preventive maintenance freak & I don't think that will ever change - Spend $400 now and save $3K later.

Thanks Lopie for sharing your work!
That is exactly what happened to me... read too much and needed some sort of insurance. I picked up my 17 Dually in March and need it to carry all my prized possessions (the Family) when we travel with the 5er. Didn’t want some BS killing the adventure.

Regular maintenance will surely help but will not prevent the natural self destruction the 68 is capable of.

Not saying this kit is the cure all but it does address the majority of the issues known.

Along with a little magic from DRD mine seems very happy now.

I could identify were the cross leaks were occurring.

To me, the areas that you cannot see the contact of channels was a leak.

I can honestly say I did feel a difference in shift and hold before tuning.

Can’t wait to relearn it all.

Should be AWESOME!