Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  66
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: “Bulletproof 68” from Nextgen Diesel

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: “Bulletproof 68” from Nextgen Diesel

So, I’ve put about 200 miles since the DRD blessing and the trans kit install.

Trans pressures have settled down to the desired.

Shifts are as usual (flare shift), however I have noticed the hold is way greater.

I know most of that is the tune, but the kit does allow the pressure increase.

Very happy with the whole package.

@DRD you, my friend have done it again!

Thank You!

'11 2500 Laramie CCSB 4x4, H&S deletes, 35x12.5 Ridge Grapplers on 20" Motometals (SOLD)
    '17 3500 Laramie Megacab 4x4 DRW, Blessed By DRD, Grid Heater Delete, Bulletproof 68 kit, ATS Thermo bypass, Mud Flaps
    '17 Vengeance 320A Toy Hauler

Enjoying Life One Day at a Time.

2. Thanks SyN thanked for this post
    Likes SyN, timshooter40 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Ok, the Fam and I took a short trip to a fairly local ‘glampground’ and the truck was fantastic! 5th wheel weighs 14-16K.
    EGT 650 - 1000
    MPG 9 - 11

Very pleased with the work it puts in.

Thank You @DRD!

'11 2500 Laramie CCSB 4x4, H&S deletes, 35x12.5 Ridge Grapplers on 20" Motometals (SOLD)
    '17 3500 Laramie Megacab 4x4 DRW, Blessed By DRD, Grid Heater Delete, Bulletproof 68 kit, ATS Thermo bypass, Mud Flaps

4. Likes Power247, Aj Grubb, SyN, timshooter40 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

“Bulletproof 68” from Nextgen Diesel

I’m posting this a little late.

The weekend after the glamping trip my son and I repacked the toyhauler with the RZR and went wheeling about 200 miles from home.

Truck, as expected, performed flawless!

Here is a shot of the dash a few miles into the ride home.

I totally forgot the tow/haul. I was so excited on how well it performs compared to my ‘11 2500.

6. Thanks SyN thanked for this post
    Likes SyN, timshooter40 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Just did almost this exact same setup used Sonnax plate, I bought all my stuff separately saves you a little bit, I also used DNJ billet valve body channel.

I drilled two holes through my Revmax bonded separator plate to keep the stock line pressure.

My truck only had 9k miles, and the factory channel plate was already cracked and probably going to get worse.

Couple things I would change if I were to do it again. I would not drill into the valve body to get the extra three bolts for the accumulator plate unless you are a professional at it.

I took 2 of the bolts out because I didn't get it perfect and they would spin when I went to torque them down.

I also would not do this without Alfa Obd2 or another program to allow for quick learning, you might be fine but I am paranoid about this stuff.

When my trans goes I plan on replacing the I guess it would be the top of the valve body where I drilled, start fresh.

Synergy Steering brace, Draglink, & Tie Rod, Thuren front leveling coils & Track bar, 5160 Bilstein Shocks, Banks CAI intake, LED everything, projector headlights, dieselfuelfilterkits, Steelcraft Line-x Door Sills, Elevation Front Bumper with Line-x Pro.

8. Thanks SyN thanked for this post
    Likes Power247, Lopie, SyN, timshooter40 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CDIJeff View Post
    Just did almost this exact same setup used Sonnax plate, I bought all my stuff separately saves you a little bit, I also used DNJ billet valve body channel.

I drilled two holes through my Revmax bonded separator plate to keep the stock line pressure.

My truck only had 9k miles, and the factory channel plate was already cracked and probably going to get worse.

Couple things I would change if I were to do it again. I would not drill into the valve body to get the extra three bolts for the accumulator plate unless you are a professional at it.

I took 2 of the bolts out because I didn't get it perfect and they would spin when I went to torque them down.

I also would not do this without Alfa Obd2 or another program to allow for quick learning, you might be fine but I am paranoid about this stuff.

When my trans goes I plan on replacing the I guess it would be the top of the valve body where I drilled, start fresh.

Cdijeff, I also completely flashed the PCM which is supposed to reset the trans learn.

The research I did assured me I could relearn.

I too plan on a replacement in the future just not near future.

I do have my mind set on the Revmax 550 which should suit me just fine.

‘17 Laramie MC 4x4 DRW, Blessed by DRD, Grid heater delete, Bulletproof 68 kit, ATS thermo bypass, Mud Flaps

10. Likes SyN, timshooter40 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

I'm running the same kit... so far so good.

I did a trans relearn with a snap on scan tool. Man that procedure seems violent! It basically neutral drops the truck into gear at 1600RPM which is peak torque!! Seems counter productive but I guess the engineers know what they are doing.

Those accumulator pistons with the new seals sure are a pain in the *** to install! I ended up butchering two seals and had to order replacements... ended up using a hose clamp to shape the seals which helps a bunch installing them... just a tip for anyone that is reading this before attempting this job.

12. Likes timshooter40 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Aj Grubb View Post
    I'm running the same kit... so far so good.

I did a trans relearn with a snap on scan tool. Man that procedure seems violent! It basically neutral drops the truck into gear at 1600RPM which is peak torque!! Seems counter productive but I guess the engineers know what they are doing.

Those accumulator pistons with the new seals sure are a pain in the *** to install! I ended up butchering two seals and had to order replacements... ended up using a hose clamp to shape the seals which helps a bunch installing them... just a tip for anyone that is reading this before attempting this job.
    You are absolutely right with those accumulator pistons.

My tip I found from a random thread, which I didn't save was install them backwards first just up till the seal seats.

If you push the piston in to far backwords it's going to get stuck don't do that.

Was really easy when I got the trick to it.

Also yeah the quick learn in bold letters it tells you keep foot on the brake pedal, this is why.

Synergy Steering brace, Draglink, & Tie Rod, Thuren front leveling coils & Track bar, 5160 Bilstein Shocks, Banks CAI intake, LED everything, projector headlights, dieselfuelfilterkits, Steelcraft Line-x Door Sills, Elevation Front Bumper with Line-x Pro.

14. Likes Aj Grubb, timshooter40 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

This guy did an install, also shows what I mean by installing the accumulators in backwards first.

16. Thanks timshooter40 thanked for this post
    Likes Aj Grubb, SyN, timshooter40 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Nice video, I didn’t see that one before I did my install.

Had to search Sonnax and Revmax for separate instructions on components.

But it looks like I got it right.

‘17 Laramie MC 4x4 DRW, Blessed by DRD, Grid heater delete, Bulletproof 68 kit, ATS thermo bypass, Mud Flaps

18. Likes SyN, timshooter40 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #20

I ordered an ATS kit.

Comes with all the accumulator pistons seals, accumulator plate, separator plate and gaskets.

The kit was released from them not too long ago.

I went with them because I can still use a stock pan.

2015 Ram 3500 SB CC SRW. Smeding Diesel 464/83 1.0 2nd gen swap, Pusher heater grid delete, Smeding full flow intake horn, 5" SS exhaust, Fleece Filter delete, Smeding CCV delete, Smeding coolant reroute, Sinister/Amsoil oil bypass filter, Bilstien 5100 shocks, 3'' level. TUNING BY DRD on MM3.
    Alpine ILX 259, Skar Audio Amps
    Skar Audio 6x9s all four doors, Skar 3.5 in dash
    Audio Control DQDX to make it all sound Awesome!

20. Likes SyN, timshooter40 liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast