Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  71
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello from Alaska

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Hello from Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by Pkullman View Post
    Recently purchased a 2016 2500 it’s bone stock and coming from owning a Jeep I’ve already gone down the rabbit hole of modifications.

Planning on building the Jeep so I needed something I can tow it with.

After seeing nothing but good things about DRD I decided to sign up.
    Welcome in!!

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Welcome aboard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Welcome!!

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

4. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Welcome PKullman! I second everything AK Bob says, and while Northern MN doesn't get quite as cold as Fairbanks, we still get well into the -30s. I run a timer on my block heater cord (haven't installed a trickle charger, yet!) and found 3 hrs is plenty until temps start getting below -15 to -20, then bump it to 4 hours. I watched the coolant temp at startup, and it didn't seem to get any warmer running the heater longer, in my experience with this truck, at least. 10-15 minutes warm up time usually had my trans up to 50+ degrees, so it would lock the torque converter within a mile or so from home. FWIW!

5. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBeard68 View Post
    Welcome PKullman! I second everything AK Bob says, and while Northern MN doesn't get quite as cold as Fairbanks, we still get well into the -30s. I run a timer on my block heater cord (haven't installed a trickle charger, yet!) and found 3 hrs is plenty until temps start getting below -15 to -20, then bump it to 4 hours. I watched the coolant temp at startup, and it didn't seem to get any warmer running the heater longer, in my experience with this truck, at least. 10-15 minutes warm up time usually had my trans up to 50+ degrees, so it would lock the torque converter within a mile or so from home. FWIW!
    Thanks, l was stationed at Baudette AFS, MN back in the early 70’s.

I must agree it does get very cold there.

It was not uncommon to see 40 to 60 degrees below zero.

I see they have even opened up an automotive cold temperature test facility in that area now.

Folks would often dilute their rear differential oil with diesel fuel just to get the rear wheels to move. Brrrr.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12