Likes Likes:  70
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New To Forum

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: New To Forum

Quote Originally Posted by jholen View Post
    Greetings ladies and gents.

Here to find a solution to the dreaded P207F code. 2017 RAM 2500 6.7L Cummins been sitting at the stealership for the past 2 weeks.

Just got off the phone and am demanding to pick it back up without paying for the diagnostic which showed nothing.

Dealer attempted to say the DEF was contaminated and required a $2,400 ($1,750 for new DEF pump + labor). Only downside for them was the fuel company's owner is my neighbor. Pulled a sample from the truck at the dealership and from the bulk DEF tank and had both tested. Both came back with no impurities or reasons for causing the DEF quality code.

Dealership is still denying any repair under warranty.

About ready to pull the trigger on a kit from Ray and company over at DRD and be done with it.

Sounds like after going with the DRD package I'll plan on putting a RevMax valve body in (sitting at 42,000 miles on the clock thus far) so Ray can run higher PSI and to help get more out of the 68RFE.

That's the result of all my reading and research over the past 2 weeks.
    Welcome to the community!

So sorry to hear you're having trouble on a 3 year old truck.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

2. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsdieselfreak View Post
    Welcome to the community!

So sorry to hear you're having trouble on a 3 year old truck.
    Update to the story, convinced dealership to clean tank/pump out.

Supplied my own 2.5 gal of DEF and had them clear the code.

Just put on 105+ miles and both codes didn't come back. Feels like a success in avoiding the dealership's BS repair quote for something that wasn't wrong, but now don't have much confidence for the codes to return.

Feels like a huge safety issue taking our toy hauler camping anywhere beyond 200 miles of home, knowing that at anytime the countdown to pop right back up.

With 42,000 on the clock, and still a good chunk of warranty left, torn between just going ahead and going the DRD route or not.

4. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Just put on 105+ miles and both codes didn't come back. Feels like a success in avoiding the dealership's BS repair quote for something that wasn't wrong, but now don't have much confidence for the codes to return.

Feels like a huge safety issue taking our toy hauler camping anywhere beyond 200 miles of home, knowing that at anytime the countdown to pop right back up.

With 42,000 on the clock, and still a good chunk of warranty left, torn between just going ahead and going the DRD route or not.
    Don't take a chance.

Go with DRD.

Join as a Lifetime Platinum Member Today

"The grass is greener where you water it"

6. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

J & Sorry to hear about your PITA issues with the Stealership!

Within these walls DRD (Ray) is the way to go to totally eliminate issues like this!

Good Luck - hope ya can get this issue fixed then give Ray a shout for the future fix...

2017 Bighorn (Delmonico Red & Chrome) CC-HD2500-4WD-6.7L-3:42w/Anti-Spin
    Oil: -SHELL- Rotella T6 5W-40 & T5 15W-40 combo w/LF16035
    68RFE/BW44-46/Power Steering: -Red Line- C+ ATF
    Frontend & Rearend: -Red Line- SAE GL-5 75W-90NS
    Many Small Mods: Interior & Exterior
    Mileage: 28,541

8. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

I manage a trucking company and I see the same thing with the big Cummins as I do with the pickups. I joke with my mechanic that he is emissions tech that is an occasional truck mechanic. 80% of the issues the trucks in my fleet come if for are emissions related. I did the same research and knowing what I know I went the @DRD route at 7000 miles and never gave it a second thought. Once that is out of the way you can trust your truck again as they rarely have issues other than what you are experiencing. It will only get worse from here, and look what your warranty did for you when this happened. If you want the final straw to push you over the edge look at how much longevity the EGR system takes from that engine. My research showed it lasts 3X longer without it....after that the choice was a no brainer seeing as these trucks are not cheap.

Good luck whatever you choose and welcome to the community, you will not find better people.

2018 Ram 3500 (Aisin) Laramie 4X4 CCSB White/Silver.
    2018 Mustang GT Lightning Blue 6 spd manual.
    2021 Charger GT AWD Triple Nickel/Black

9. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Welcome!!

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12