Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  9
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Heaviest Injectors, Fuel Pump, Head Studs: Can I Go W/O Twin Turbos

  1. Top Of Page | #1

    Heaviest Injectors, Fuel Pump, Head Studs: Can I Go W/O Twin Turbos

    Feel free to redirect me to the noob section if this doesn't belong here.

    I'm looking to upgrade my fuel pump, head studs, and injectors and I plan to get the parts from DRD.

    My truck is a '17 3500 - FLO~PRO turbo back delete, throttle valve delete, SB cold air intake, with an MM3 and DRD tune. (Stage 1 complete)

    For stage 2, I was thinking about the near the top end option in each category (studs, injectors, fuel pump) and I'm trying to determine what else I would need in addition to these parts, to pull it off this round of mods.

    ARP CA625 Studs (figure I might as well, in preparation for later stages of upgrade)

    BBI Supply Tubes

    BBI Stage 1.5 Injectors (Can I go to stage 4 without the twin turbos? Can I jump right to stage 4 for injectors without the next round of upgrades coming soon?)

    FASS 290GPH (assuming that having too fast/good of a fuel pump wont cause any issues and it will have me prepared for future stages)

    Is there anything else I should take into consideration to handle the extra power? Am I forgetting about anything? Open to suggestions. Also open to suggestions about what should go into a stage 3 next summer.

    And no, I'm not building a racing truck. Just trying to build a bad *** truck for no real reason other than fun.


  2. Likes SyN liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2
    Big Daddy IGOTACUMMINS's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Re: Heaviest Injectors, Fuel Pump, Head Studs: Can I Go W/O Twin Turbos

    @gshoe777 let's ask @DRD as he had a great twin turbo set up on their 2017 2500 RAM.

    "The grass is greener where you water it"


  4. Top Of Page | #3
    DRD's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Re: Heaviest Injectors, Fuel Pump, Head Studs: Can I Go W/O Twin Turbos

    What kind of turbo setup are we talking here?

    Are you planning to build the bottom end of the engine?

    Ray,
    Double R Diesel

    The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.


  5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4
    6.7 Coal Train's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Re: Heaviest Injectors, Fuel Pump, Head Studs: Can I Go W/O Twin Turbos

    I've always heard air before fuel but maybe you aren't on a stock turbo?

    2017 2500 Laramie: DRD Tuned, 5" Jamo TBE, 20x10 Hostile Sprockets, 33x12.50 General Grabber M/T, HID Conversion, LED Fogs

  7. Likes SyN liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

    Re: Heaviest Injectors, Fuel Pump, Head Studs: Can I Go W/O Twin Turbos

    Quote Originally Posted by DRD View Post
    What kind of turbo setup are we talking here?

    Are you planning to build the bottom end of the engine?

    Ray,
    Double R Diesel
    Yeah, I would be more than willing to.

    I am unsure of what that entails though.

    I was planning on at least head studs, injectors, and a fuel pump but it sounds like I'll need some additional stuff to make this work.

    The current truck has the single stock turbo.

    What else do I need to think about adding?

    Who do I need to loop in to get the necessary additional parts?

    Wide open to suggestions.

    I finished stage 1 last year and I'm looking to start stage 2 with more stages afterward.


  9. Top Of Page | #6
    DRD's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Re: Heaviest Injectors, Fuel Pump, Head Studs: Can I Go W/O Twin Turbos

    Quote Originally Posted by gshoe777 View Post
    Yeah, I would be more than willing to.

    I am unsure of what that entails though.

    I was planning on at least head studs, injectors, and a fuel pump but it sounds like I'll need some additional stuff to make this work.

    The current truck has the single stock turbo.

    What else do I need to think about adding?

    Who do I need to loop in to get the necessary additional parts?

    Wide open to suggestions.

    I finished stage 1 last year and I'm looking to start stage 2 with more stages afterward.
    If you are going to throw compounds and bigger injectors at the engine, it will need updated connecting rods for sure! I know from experience, LOL! I ended up installing Carrillo rods in mine.

    Maybe a main bearing cap girdle for the bottom end too.

    You will also need better valve springs and pushrods.

    625 head studs for sure.

    I'd go stage 4 injectors if you want max power and don't mind some smoke and cold startup haze. If dont want to go that wild, then 1.5s are good enough for about 750RWHP.

    10 or 12MM CP3 pump and a Fass lift pump.

    Trans mods for sure.

    That's the main stuff and certainly not cheap.

    It would be a fun build for sure!

    Ray,
    Double R Diesel

    The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.


  10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, SyN liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7
    cumminsdieselfreak's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Re: Heaviest Injectors, Fuel Pump, Head Studs: Can I Go W/O Twin Turbos

    Quote Originally Posted by gshoe777 View Post
    Feel free to redirect me to the noob section if this doesn't belong here.

    I'm looking to upgrade my fuel pump, head studs, and injectors and I plan to get the parts from DRD.

    My truck is a '17 3500 - FLO~PRO turbo back delete, throttle valve delete, SB cold air intake, with an MM3 and DRD tune. (Stage 1 complete)

    For stage 2, I was thinking about the near the top end option in each category (studs, injectors, fuel pump) and I'm trying to determine what else I would need in addition to these parts, to pull it off this round of mods.

    ARP CA625 Studs (figure I might as well, in preparation for later stages of upgrade)

    BBI Supply Tubes

    BBI Stage 1.5 Injectors (Can I go to stage 4 without the twin turbos? Can I jump right to stage 4 for injectors without the next round of upgrades coming soon?)

    FASS 290GPH (assuming that having too fast/good of a fuel pump wont cause any issues and it will have me prepared for future stages)

    Is there anything else I should take into consideration to handle the extra power? Am I forgetting about anything? Open to suggestions. Also open to suggestions about what should go into a stage 3 next summer.

    And no, I'm not building a racing truck. Just trying to build a bad *** truck for no real reason other than fun.
    You really need to get a horsepower goal in mind. With doing that it'll make things easier when matching parts with each other. As stated, Stage 4 BBI's are for 1,000hp+ builds, their 0.75 injectors are good for around 750-800hp. Let us know and we'll be glad to help get you in the right direction. Don't hesitate to PM, email or call me, @DDP or @TexNeck. We know a thing or two about this stuff too and are on the forum most hours of the day to make sure members have a go to source when it's convenient for them.

    2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    Joe@DudesDieselPerformance.com
    https://dudesdieselperformance.com/

  12. Top Of Page | #8
    TexNeck's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Re: Heaviest Injectors, Fuel Pump, Head Studs: Can I Go W/O Twin Turbos

    Quote Originally Posted by gshoe777 View Post
    Yeah, I would be more than willing to.

    I am unsure of what that entails though.

    I was planning on at least head studs, injectors, and a fuel pump but it sounds like I'll need some additional stuff to make this work.

    The current truck has the single stock turbo.

    What else do I need to think about adding?

    Who do I need to loop in to get the necessary additional parts?

    Wide open to suggestions.

    I finished stage 1 last year and I'm looking to start stage 2 with more stages afterward.

    Ray will be a a great help as he has first hand experience and will be writing the files.

    Its very easy to have a build sheet/dream but I would realistically answer these questions.

    What is my overall budget for the truck/each stage?

    what hp do I want/need?

    what will I be doing with the truck? (Towing, daily driving, sled pulling, racing)

    Do I want bullet proof/most reliable options or willing to sacrifice some reliability for other gains?

    just for a few!

    I would look at transmission mods first. You can’t use your built motor without getting power to the ground.

    Then balance the fueling/air. Injectors can be dialed down a bit but larger turbo(s) depending on size need extra fuel and 290 Fass will kill stock components

    keep us posted!

    2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    Mike@DudesDieselPerformance.com
    https://dudesdieselperformance.com/



  13. Thanks cumminsdieselfreak thanked for this post
    Likes cumminsdieselfreak liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #9
    DDP's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Re: Heaviest Injectors, Fuel Pump, Head Studs: Can I Go W/O Twin Turbos

    I agree with the guys above. ^^^^^^

    Stage 4's are normally purchased for guys who do nothing but race over 60% of the time.

    I would get a goal and let us help you build it from there.

    We have a lot of resources with in the industry and can make sure you get exactly what you need and nothing that you don't.

    Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK
    INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    Clayton@DudesDieselPerformance.com

  15. Thanks cumminsdieselfreak thanked for this post
    Likes cumminsdieselfreak, Mdavlee, flanagan liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #10
    flanagan's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Re: Heaviest Injectors, Fuel Pump, Head Studs: Can I Go W/O Twin Turbos

    Don't mean to hijack this thread but getting ready to pull the trigger on compounds myself and I have a stainless Diesel 2nd Gen swap right now.

    Not looking for crazy power just low EGT's and great towing capabilities.

    Do I need to look at Stainless for the extra parts or can I go somewhere else?

    I don't see Stainless Diesel on DRDs web site anymore.





    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •