Quote Originally Posted by Aftershock00 View Post
First off, just want to say I appreciate how friendly and welcoming everyone is so far. I’ve been on some other forums, and there is an obvious forum nazi situation going on there. Condescending and if you continue the thread when they think there is nothing left to talk about, they get all pissy.

anyways, to clarify, the guys were saying that light switch type throttle, whether going on throttle or off throttle is not the best for it. Admittedly I’m sure rolling into throttle and off is definitely a better way, but I didn’t think stomping throttle in 2nd gear every so often was the end of the world, especially with all the electronic safety devices on these trucks.

I cant justify the money on a mustang or fun toy, plus that’ll be just another thing that sits, haha, so I do get some satisfaction out of feeling how fast a 7klb vehicle get moving, albeit much slower than a stang.

I have a warranty but i but I still like to take care of things like I’m gonna keep for a lifetime. Around here, I can baby it in every way and my luck just to have some a-hole hit the truck and lose it’s virginity anyway, so I figure might as well get some of my money’s worth. Can’t keep anything perfect no matter how I try.

I dont however want to get stranded somewhere when I am driving/towing normally, because of some fun I had down the block from my house two months before.

So so what’s the consensus? Have fun with it every so often, it can take it, no big deal or.... just drive normal unless you want to be stuck on side of road with a 20k mile truck that has failures normally seen in a truck with 250k miles.

Enjoy the truck- lower gears are better for this. If you have a way of feeling or knowing the converter is locked then it is even less concerning. If the converter is locked and you are stock then let it eat. When converter is not locked it is a harder on clutches but for the mileage you drive just enjoy it.

Will it break? Maybe. Would it break driving normal down the road? Maybe....catch my drift? Keep us posted with how she’s running and welcome!