Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  13

Thread: Roof rack

1. Top Of Page | #1

Roof rack

I'm not sure if this is the right section to post this in. Maybe admin can move it if it's not. I've searched on here and haven't found very much on roof racks. It seems they're not very popular here. I want to share what I have on my truck. It is a roof rack from a company called Hooke Road. I purchased it on eBay. It comes with 4 cube lights for the front and 4 rectangular lights for the sides. I added two more to the rear. I had to make my own wiring harness because it does not come with one. my truck came with the auxiliary switches so it was just a matter of running the wires into the engine compartment and making the connections. It comes with threaded nutserts for mounting but once you remove the sections of ditch rail molding the sides of the rack would contact the roof. I used the rhino rack QMFK15 ditch mount kit to mount it to the roof. It raises it just enough so the sides don't make contact with the roof or my cab lights. Yes there is some wind noise from it but not enough to bother me.I hope this helps anyone thinking about putting something like this on their truck. I did it mostly because I wanted a place to put more lights.IMG_20200516_193000.jpgIMG_20200516_193013.jpgIMG_20200516_193105.jpgIMG_20200516_193043.jpgIMG_20200523_203050.jpg

2. Thanks watersupply189, RamIt thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Power247, RamIt, AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Roof rack

Quote Originally Posted by WHITE RHINO View Post
    I'm not sure if this is the right section to post this in. Maybe admin can move it if it's not. I've searched on here and haven't found very much on roof racks. It seems they're not very popular here. I want to share what I have on my truck. It is a roof rack from a company called Hooke Road. I purchased it on eBay. It comes with 4 cube lights for the front and 4 rectangular lights for the sides. I added two more to the rear. I had to make my own wiring harness because it does not come with one. my truck came with the auxiliary switches so it was just a matter of running the wires into the engine compartment and making the connections. It comes with threaded nutserts for mounting but once you remove the sections of ditch rail molding the sides of the rack would contact the roof. I used the rhino rack QMFK15 ditch mount kit to mount it to the roof. It raises it just enough so the sides don't make contact with the roof or my cab lights. Yes there is some wind noise from it but not enough to bother me.I hope this helps anyone thinking about putting something like this on their truck. I did it mostly because I wanted a place to put more lights.IMG_20200516_193000.jpgIMG_20200516_193013.jpgIMG_20200516_193105.jpgIMG_20200516_193043.jpgIMG_20200523_203050.jpg
    It definitely lights the world up! Thanks for the posting.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500 (DRD), G56, 6.7, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

That's sharp. Nice choice!

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

5. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Thank you for sharing! We sell maybe a couple a year if that LOL. Id love to see how it mounts. No rush and if you happen to think about it.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

7. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Definitely like this! What’s the price tag?

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

9. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    Definitely like this! What’s the price tag?
    $330 for the rack
    $105 for the ditch mount brackets

11. Thanks RamIt, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes RamIt, watersupply189 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

Quote Originally Posted by DDP View Post
    Thank you for sharing! We sell maybe a couple a year if that LOL. Id love to see how it mounts. No rush and if you happen to think about it.
    IMG_20200524_081720.jpgQMFK15-00_lrg.jpg

13. Thanks RamIt, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes RamIt, watersupply189 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

$330 for the rack
    $105 for the ditch mount brackets
    That's a steal compared to the price of a KC M-Rack!

Thanks for sharing!

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

15. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

I'd like some close ups of the rivnuts and where they mount.

Any leaking or stripping or strength of the rivnuts issues and are they alum or stainless and how many of them.

If you sell the truck and keep the rack would you simply add filler bolts for the holes?

Thanks.

17. Likes watersupply189 liked this post